Getting the right bowling shoe is the beginning of an interesting experience in one’s bowling journey. It is the beginning of better shots and ultimately better bowling performance. Also, having the right shoe for the game reduces injuries.
We will explore 10 best bowling shoes for men shortly below. But before getting into the reviews of these top performers, let’s first go through some important factors you should consider when choosing bowling shoes.
What to Consider When Purchasing Bowling Shoes
It’s crucial to keep in mind that the shoe you choose should enable you to have a good stance for safer slides and stronger bowling strikes.
How will you find the right bowling shoe for your feet?
Consider the following factors:
- Are You Right-Handed or Left-Handed? Above everything else, the shoe you choose should meet your needs. If you are left-handed, your right-hand bowling shoe is your braking shoe. Correspondingly, the left bowling shoe is your braking shoe if you are right-handed. If you feel like this distinction is a bit confusing, you can choose universal bowling shoes. These shoes fit both right-handed and left-handed bowlers.
- Comfort and Performance: A bowling shoe that fits well is not only good for your comfort but also your bowling performance. Pay attention to the width of the shoe. Does it match the shape of your foot? If the shoe does not fit well, it will throw you off balance, negatively affect your performance and probably cause injury.
- Sliding: How much do you want to slide? A pair of flat-bottomed bowling shoes will allow you to slide a little while you send the ball running on the lane. Bowling shoes with a raised heel allow for a bit more sliding compared to shoes that have a flat bottom. Some experienced bowlers want more control over the slide after releasing the ball. A pair of bowling shoes with heels or interchangeable soles allows you to do exactly that.
- Durability: Leather and textile are the most common upper materials for bowling shoes. Rubber is excellent for outer soles. Pay attention to the upper material as well as the stitching. Some bowling shoes are made with synthetic leather, which does not last as long as premium-grade leather. Many bowlers love leather, for it is more lightweight and flexible compared to other materials. Textile is more durable but lacks in some important athletic aspects.
- Design: If you are a frequent bowler, you want your bowling shoes to complement your overall style. There are bowling shoes that are rich in design and class. Look out for such shoes if you really want to maintain your style in the bowling arena.
- Inner Sole Material and Quality: For your bowling shoes to feel effective when playing, they’ve got to have supportive inner soles. EVA inner soles are the most comfortable as they mold to your foot’s shape. Memory foam inner soles will suit players with foot problems. Polyurethane is just fine, but it does not conform to the shape of the foot like EVA inner soles do.
- Size and Weight: You want a bowling shoe that will allow you to move quickly to deliver the ball strongly down the lane. If the shoe is too small, too large, or too heavy, you will not perform at the top of your potential. Bowling shoes that are too big can feel uncomfortable or even slip off. Smaller shoes can hurt your feet as you pace.
The best bowling shoes for you should be lightweight enough to allow you play all rounds without getting fatigued.
Let’s now look at 10 top bowling shoes for men. All of these shoes are from leading brands. Therefore, you can rest assured that these bowling shows are of competitive quality.
Last update on 2021-01-27 / Affiliate links / Price / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Best Bowling Shoes for Men in 2021
10. KR Strikeforce Mens Flyer Bowling Shoes
By: KR StrikeforceCheck price on Amazon
Coming in at number ten is this stylish KR Strikeforce bowling shoe. The shoe is available in different colors to match your preferences. You will love this it for its soft man-made uppers. Its well-padded uppers make sure that your feet are comfortable and that you make every stride to the line. Besides, the shoes’ exterior features synthetic leather, which gives the shoe a lightweight, comfortable, and fatigue-free feel.
Expect the best sliding experience with these KR Strikeforce bowling shoes. KR Strikeforce has marvelously incorporated the new FlexSlide technology in the design of the shoe.
- Lightweight; allow you to play multiple rounds with no fatigue
- Stylish design
- They take a short period to break-in
- Inner and outer soles hold up well
- Very affordable price
- Microfiber slide pad with FlexSlide Technology
- Rubber part of the sole on the front makes it hard to slide
- Synthetic leather upper part doesn’t last long
9. Brunswick Mens Frenzy Static Bowling Shoes
By: Brunswick Bowling ProductionsCheck price on Amazon
If you are looking for a superior slide on both feet, you cannot go wrong with these Brunswick men’s frenzy bowling shoes. Both shoes have Pure slide microfiber slide soles and an extra-light molded EVA outsole. In addition, your feet’s comfort is taken care of by foam-padded tongues and collars. You are probably thinking: so far so good but what about breathability? Will my feet feel cool and comfortable with these bowling shoes on? Well, Brunswick is a leader in the bowling shoe market because it understands users’ needs and desires. The upper part of this shoe is meshed to offer adequate breathability.
- Universal soles; the shoes are great for both right- and left-handed bowlers
- Athletic style and design
- Raised heel for a controlled slide
- Super comfortable and breathable
- Favorably priced
- The shoe does not slide smoothly when new
- Heavy for some users
8. Brunswick Frenzy Men’s Bowling Shoes
By: BrunswickCheck price on Amazon
It’s no wonder that Brunswick found another place in our top ten selection of best bowling shoes for men. The brand is popular for using innovative technology to create competitive offers for the bowling community. Brunswick spared nothing when designing this shoe.
First, the shoe’s design is such that your feet remain in perfect shape for maximum performance. Secondly, these bowling shoes use interchangeable slide pads and heels that are bio-mechanically built for ultimate comfort. Expect perfect slide control from this setting. Finally, a flexible sole ensures that the shoe breaks in quickly.
- An extra-light molded EVA outsole
- Highly durable material and build
- Superior slide
- Collar and tongue are sufficiently padded for your comfort during swift movement
- Great color theme
- Shoe sizes run a little wide
- Not great for professional bowling competitions
7. Dexter Mens Kevin Bowling Shoes
By: DexterCheck price on Amazon
Some bowling shoes’ manufacturers sacrifice aesthetics targeting in favor of functionality. Dexter is different. This manufacturer has made it possible to bring a great sense of style to the lanes. These Dexter Kevin bowling shoes have a design similar to that of a skating sneaker. The modern design of the shoe gives the wearer an awesome look. At the same time, the sneaker keeps feet comfortable. This Dexter bowling shoe has a soft, durable, breathable manmade upper. The interior is fully fabric-lined. If you a young bowler looking for stylish footgear for the game, this shoe is your best choice.
- Sporty and stylish design
- Removable EVA footbed
- Improved slide rite microfiber sole on both soles
- Fits true to size
- Universal soles
- Perfect for both recreational or competitive bowling
- Bottom wears off pretty quickly
See Also: Top 10 Best Basketball shoes in 2021
6. Dexter Bowling – Mens – Pro Am II
By: Dexter BowlingCheck price on Amazon
Here’s a bowling shoe that will help you to improve your performance instantly. It is a high-quality shoe that has great features including a soft man-made upper, adjustable fit (thanks to the Blucher upper pattern), a classic outsole, raised heel, microfiber slide soles, and padded collar and tongue.
Dexter Pro Am II bowling shoes are among the most comfortable pairs of bowling shoes you’ll find. Here’s where the deal gets better: the price of this excellently-designed pair is unbelievable considering the level of comfort and performance improvement the shoes offer.
- Rubber outsole provides a good balance of grip and slide
- Blucher upper pattern provides an adjustable fit
- Fully fabric-lined interior and padded tongue and collar for comfort
- Raised heel for better slide control
- Attractive, sleek black design
- Outer sole wear and tear
- Limited breathability
5. Dexter Mens Kam Bowling Shoes
By: DexterCheck price on Amazon
This pair of Dexter bowling shoes is part of Dexter’s Comfort Canvas Collection, which is reputed with light weight for ultimate bowling convenience. Beneath the modern outer design is a comfortable interior with a molded removable blown EVA foot bed and an adequately-padded collar. A cool cotton canvas upper and side vents make sure that your feet are properly aired. Besides, the shoes use universal soles. Right-handed and left-handed bowlers will find this pair equally fitting to their needs.
- The pair looks nice and feels decent
- Great breathability due to side vents
- Stylish Blucher pattern for the upper
- The shoes feel comfortable thanks to the fabric lining and padded collars
- Non-marking rubber outsoles
- Some users feel that the rubber on the heel hinders sliding
- Size issues
4. Storm Gust Bowling Shoes
By: StormCheck price on Amazon
Here’s another modern-looking pair of bowling shoes for bowlers who want to be fashionable on the lanes. You are a bowler and you love your denims. Why not drive your competition into a frenzy with this Storm Gust masterpiece.
The shoes feature a textile-lined canvas exterior, comfortably-padded collars, and rubber outsole. On the sides of the canvas exterior are vents that keep your feet cool as you play.
- Very comfortable footbed
- Slide sole present on both shoes
- Stylish and lightweight
- Durable rubber outsole with defined heel
- Great choice for recreational and professional bowling
- Laces are too long
- Maintaining the white sole as new is challenging
3. Under Armour Men’s SpeedForm AMP 2.0 Cross-Trainer Shoe
By: Under ArmourCheck price on Amazon
Unleash the power of your feet not only in bowling but also in other sports. This Under Armour cross-training shoe makes for an excellent multi-sport shoe. Precision fit UA amp technology is behind the unique design of the shoe. Part of the technology is the innovative UA SppedForm construction that molds accurately to your foot, providing a precision fit for enhanced performance.
In addition, the shoes have a lightweight woven upper built with extremely durable material for abrasion resistance. A sock-like tongue works with a multi-lace saddle to provide a snug fit and the best lockdown fit.
- 100% textile and synthetic material; tough materials that can handle intense training
- Shoe fits comfortably
- External TPU heel counter provides additional support for the feet
- It’s a great pair of shoes for leg exercises
- Impressively lightweight even with thick soles
- Versatile for various types of sports and training
- The shoes take time to break-in
- Outer sole may be too slippery for smooth surfaces such as ceramic floors
See Also: Top 10 Best Inline Skates in 2021
2. Brunswick Vapor Mens Bowling Shoe
By: BrunswickCheck price on Amazon
Do you have wide feet and are yet to find a comfortably-fitting pair of bowling shoes? Don’t worry as Brunswick has got you covered.
This Brunswick Vapor Mens Bowling Shoe is one of the best wide feet bowling shoes. It is very comfy, and you can expect it to last for years. The shoe is designed with high-quality pads, extra light EVA outsoles, and Pure slide microfiber slide soles to help you deliver top-tier kicks. Another amazing feature of this bowling shoe is its universal soles. The shoes can be configured for anyone who wants to shine on the lanes – both righties and lefties.
- Exceptionally durable material and build
- Padded collars and tongues for maximum foot comfort
- Suitable for right-hand and left-hand bowlers
- The shoes are true to fit the size
- Color scheme is very nicely done
- The shoes are maybe too sticky on some surfaces which limit sliding
1. KR Strikeforce Flyer Men’s Bowling Shoe
By: KR StrikeforceCheck price on Amazon
Any experienced bowler knows that winning shots require flawless slides. A carefully put together functional design underlies the simple classic look of this shoe. Check out its universal slide soles and incredible non-marking outsoles. Without a doubt, this pair of KR Strikeforce bowling shoes is built for high-performance bowling. With this shoe on, you can comfortably dial up the appropriate amount of friction you need to strike hard. They fit true to size and are lightweight so you can go as many rounds as you wish.
- Comfortable to wear for long periods
- Awesome form and sliding control
- Soft, highly-durable man-made upper
- Breaks in quickly
- Great price for a top performer
- Limited wide width options
Have these reviews helped you to choose the right pair of bowling shoes? It’s advisable that you take more time to explore more about each pair to understand how it can help you improve your bowling performance. Now you know you don’t have to rely on rental shoes that are more expensive in the long run anyway. Get your own pair of bowling shoes today.