Experts always advise people to invest in the best battery tester as you never when the battery will fail. And as many people will tell you, it always fails at the wrong time and the wrong location. The car will fail to start when in a remote location or in the middle of the night.
If you have a battery tester you easily and quickly diagnose the problem to see wither it’s the battery, charging system, or something else. You need to invest in only the best if you want the best and accurate results. Read on to know the top 10 best battery testers in 2018.
Choosing the Right Battery Tester:
- Rugged design: The tester should be built to withstand rough handling, knocks, bumps, and scraping.
- Clear display: It should not only have a large display but also clearly show the readings. The best types come with a back-lit screen for reading in the dark.
- Portable: A good device will easily fit in the hands and is easy to carry around. It’s also lightweight and compact.
- The range of functions: You should go for advice that can measure different parameters including voltage, current (amperes) CCA (cold cranking amperes) and much more.
- Brand: It’s a known fact that some companies deliver better products than others. It’s therefore important to concentrate on well-known and respected brands.
Best Battery Testers in 2018
- 10. SUNER POWER Digital Car Battery Tester, 12V
- 9. Moto power MP0514A 12V Digital Battery Tester, 12V
- 8. AUTOOL BT360 12-Volt Battery Tester, Support EN/CCA Multi-language
- 7. Yi Duo DY2015C Automotive Battery Tester and Analyzer with Printer
- 6. FOXWELL BT705 12V&24V Battery Analyzer
- 5. ANCEL BA101 Professional Battery Tester, 12V
- 4. IsYoung 12V & 24V Car Battery Load Tester
- 3. Clore Automotive SOLAR BA9 40-1200 CCA 12V Digital Battery Tester
- 2. Cartman Car Battery & Alternator Tester, 12V
- 1. Schumacher BT-100 100 Amp Battery Load Tester
10. SUNER POWER Digital Car Battery Tester, 12V
This Blue-Back tester is designed for automotive batteries and comes with a very handy design. It is suitable for Flooded, Depp Cycle, Gel, and AGM batteries and can measure voltage, amperes/ current, resistance, and CCA.
The unit displays the reading in the large LED display and is also known to be very accurate. It features a heavy-duty clamp for connecting it to the battery and a beep function. Users love its accuracy, simplicity, durability, and heavy-duty nature.Get it now on Amazon.com
9. Moto power MP0514A 12V Digital Battery Tester, 12V
Confirming the status of your car battery is easy with this black-colored tester. It’s designed to work with 12V automotive batteries and come with a simple design for easy connection. It supports wet, deep cycle, gel, and AGM batteries and measures voltage, amperage, and resistance.
The reading is clearly displayed in the large LCD display whereas the led indicators show the testers status. People love its quick and accurate reading, user-friendliness, portability, and ruggedness.Get it now on Amazon.com
8. AUTOOL BT360 12-Volt Battery Tester, Support EN/CCA Multi-language
This gadget will assist you to undertake a cranking test, battery test, and a charging test. It’s designed for 12V batteries and comes in a practical design for easy use. The unit measures the voltage, current, CCA, resistance and displays the reading instantly in the LCD display.
It’s lightweight and compact and handling it is very convenient. The tester features reverse connection and reverse polarity protection just in case you connect it wrong.Get it now on Amazon.com
7. Yi Duo DY2015C Automotive Battery Tester and Analyzer with Printer
This battery tester will help you check the condition of your car battery from anywhere. It features two handy clamps that easily connect the battery to the tester. The device is suited for booth 12 and 24V batteries and will check the resistance, current, voltage, and cranking current.
It also helps to analyze the vehicles charging system to find fault or for general checks. It features a large LCD display for showing the reading and is strongly-built for longevity.Get it now on Amazon.com
6. FOXWELL BT705 12V&24V Battery Analyzer
The FOXWELL BT705 is also one of the top 10 best battery testers in 2018. The heavy-duty unit supports both 12V and 24V systems and will, therefore, work with car and truck batteries, The portable device is compatible with Flood, AGM, GEL, and Deep Cycle Batteries and comes in a rugged design to put-up with repeated use.
It measures voltage, amperage, resistance, and CCA. Other than battery testing, it also scans the charging system and also analyses the cranking. It’s worth buying because it’s very practical, well-constructed, accurate and versatile.Get it now on Amazon.com
5. ANCEL BA101 Professional Battery Tester, 12V
If you want a heavy duty and professional battery tester, then this Red unit from ANCEL is perfect. It works with any 12V batteries and has a very wide cranking range of 100-2000CCA. This makes it a good choice for cranking tests.
The gadget will check the voltage, amperage, or resistance from your car, boat, motorcycle, or light truck. It will also tell you how much power is left in your battery by checking the current and this saves you from draining the battery. The clamps are high quality and maintain a nice hold. The tester’s positive include wide cranking range, easy to use, good quality, very portable.Get it now on Amazon.com
You no longer need to visit the battery center, car shop, or waiting for the electrician to come and diagnose the battery. With this battery tester, you can do it yourself. It’s very simple even for a novice and will give you all the details pertaining to your battery. It measures the voltage, current, resistance, cranking and also scans the system.
It works with both12 & 24 V systems found in cars, boats, light trucks, motorcycles and much more. The device is perfect for lead acid, Gel, Flooded, and AGM batteries. Its notable positives include wide cranking range, strongly-built and rugged, easy to use, and very accurate readings.Get it now on Amazon.com
3. Clore Automotive SOLAR BA9 40-1200 CCA 12V Digital Battery Tester
The Clore Automotive SOLAR BA9 battery tester is suitable for Do-it-Yourselfers as well as professionals. The digital unit will measure the key parameters including resistance, current and voltage and works with common batteries such as Flooded, AGM, Gel, Lead-acid, and Deep Cycle.
It comes with sturdy clamps for a firm hold and minimal resistance when taking the reading. The 12V device works with 7-15V DV and displays the reading in a user-friendly and clear digital form. In addition to great design and good quality, the tester is liked for its simplicity, reliability, and durability.Get it now on Amazon.com
2. Cartman Car Battery & Alternator Tester, 12V
This tester will check both your battery as well as alternator’s health. It is perfect for normal checks as well as diagnosing problems. The small and portable unit is very efficient and comes with a simple and user-friendly design for added convenience.
It can tolerant high current and displays the results via the fairly large LED display. The tester is suited for any 12V including wet, dry, gel, and AGM. The diagnosing system is very simple to understand even for an inexperienced person.Get it now on Amazon.com
1. Schumacher BT-100 100 Amp Battery Load Tester
The Schumacher BT-100 is your On-Demand battery “Doctor.” It will check the battery to verify its condition and how badly off it may be. The device is perfect for most 6 and 12V batteries and can handle amperage/current as high as 100 amps for 12V batteries and 50amps for 6V batteries.
It also can tolerate cold cranking amperes up to 1000 CCA. All the information is relayed in easy to read digital format. Consumers love the rugged design, easy-to-read LCD display, versatility, and durability.Get it now on Amazon.com
Having a battery tester with you will go a long way in getting you out of tricky situations. You will quickly tell if it’s a bad battery that is the culprit or it’s something. It could be a simple thing like a loose connection. In this review, we have identified the top 10 best battery testers that we believe will suit your needs.
They come in rugged design to bear regular handling, mishandling, and the elements, they feature a large screen and display clear readings, are very accurate and portable.