Camera stabilizer is a device used to hold a camera that helps to keep the camera stable and hence reduce or prevent from shaking during filming or shooting. This handy accessory helps support the camera, allows for easy movement, and also reduces unnecessary movement.
Camera Stabilizer Buying Guide
The following aspects need to be thought about when intending to buy a camera stabilizer:
- Weight: A good item will come with the right weight for easy carrying and proper support. Aluminum, ABS plastic, iron, and stainless steel are some of the common materials of construction.
- Stability: The key aim of the accessory is to provide proper support and stability. It will remain firm on any surface, won’t wobble unnecessarily, and will move smoothly.
- Design: the best stabilizer comes in user-friendly design for easy operation and reliability. It will be seamless, safely accommodates the camera, and doesn’t interfere with the camera’s operation.
- Versatility: It pays to acquire an item that can support a range of cameras. The stabilizer will be compatible with cameras of different sizes, weights, designs and from various brands.
- Ergonomics: The stabilizer should be ergonomic as this makes using it easy and also minimizes the need to use too much effort.
Best Camera Stabilizers in 2019
- 10. FeiyuTech Feiyu Three-Axis a1000 Gimbal Stabilizer
- 9. Neewer Portable Handheld Mechanical Stabilizer
- 8. COOCHEER Camera Stabilizer
- 7. Zhiyun Crane V2 3-Axis (Classic Model) Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer
- 6. Neewer DSLR Movie Video Making Rig Set System Kit
- 5. Neewer 24-inch Handheld Stabilizer
- 4. IMORDEN S-60c Camera Stabilizer
- 3. Fantaseal Camera Grip Mount
- 2. Roxant PRO Video Camera Stabilizer
- 1. Roxant PRO Midnight Black Limited Edition camera Stabilize
10. FeiyuTech Feiyu Three-Axis a1000 Gimbal StabilizerGet it now on Amazon.com
This stabilizer is one of the most multipurpose stabilizers for shooting amazing pictures and videos. It is simple to balance your camera by locking screws and sliding arms. Its Double-handed set can be folded making it very simple to carry it around.
It has a weigh of about 5 pounds and has great features making this gimbal worth considering. It is also compatible with a lot of camcorders and DSLR cameras and also you can connect with your Smartphones making it best for you.
9. Neewer Portable Handheld Mechanical StabilizerGet it now on Amazon.com
Dissimilar from other kind of stabilizers that fix your camera at same level all the time, this portable stabilizer provides multiple choices. You can shoot your camera from diverse angles, together with side line shooting, straight line shooting, down and up shooting and bending variation shooting in order for you to capture high-angle and low- angle shots
Compared with other single-handed camera stabilizer, this portable stabilizer has a twin hand grip that enables you to change the directions smoothly and quickly and also reduce the user fatigue. It has High compatibility because of its many adjustment ways. You can adjust the camera from various angles.
8. COOCHEER Camera StabilizerGet it now on Amazon.com
The COOCHEER handheld stabilizer will save you the energy of supporting and at the same time using your camera. It’s targeted at popular camera brands like Canon, Sony, Panasonic, and Nikon. The unit will work with DSLRs, Camcorders, GoPro, SJcam and many others.
It comes in an ergonomic design for ease and convenience, 1/4-20 threads for firm support, and compact design for better maneuverability. People choose this stabilizer because assembling and disassembling is easy, it is very steady and well-built.
7. Zhiyun Crane V2 3-Axis (Classic Model) Handheld Gimbal StabilizerGet it now on Amazon.com
This Gimbal Stabilizer works perfect with many types of DSLR cameras and mirrorless cameras. It has a joystick that lets you to switch between various modes and it is just on your fingertips. Also this camera has a special feature because it has a button on its handle enabling you to control your camera very easily.
Mounting your camera on this Stabilizer can be done without having any assistance of tools. With this great stabilizer on your hand, you will take picture much better and easier.
6. Neewer DSLR Movie Video Making Rig Set System KitGet it now on Amazon.com
This high performing system kit produced by Neewer comprises a Matte Box, a Shoulder Mount and 2 15mm Rail Rods. The shoulder mount is very comfortable and will assist you to relieve pressure on shoulders and will enhance stability of your camera.
The matte box comes with side and top flags which prevents the unwanted light from the pictures. This camera stabilizer works perfectly with a lot of different camcorders and DSLR cameras and made with a standard size that is ideal for you.
5. Neewer 24-inch Handheld StabilizerGet it now on Amazon.com
Low and high angle shooting with least effort is what the Neewer handheld camera stabilizer is designed for. It comes with a Quick Release Plate, 3 /8 and 1 /4-inch screws for fitting DSLR and video cameras from most brands.
To improve the weight ratio, it includes stretch adjustments whereas the length can be extended from 15.2 to 24″ to accommodate different weights. It’s made of aluminum and is powder-coated for better strength and elegance. It’s easy to balance, comes with reliable safety mechanism, and can be finely-tuned for the best results. Nonetheless, it feels a bit heavy, tends to sway a bit, and is not suitable for cameras weighing more than 2.7 kg/6lbs.
4. IMORDEN S-60c Camera StabilizerGet it now on Amazon.com
This IMORDEN S-60c handheld stabilizer is suitable for DSLR cameras from brands such as Canon, Sony, Nikon, and others. It can support weights of between 2 and 6 lbs and its height can be adjusted from 15- 23 inches/ 38-58.5 cm.
It features a carbon fiber shaft which though lighter than aluminum can support heavier weights. The weight balance of this one is 50, 100, and 200 grams. To assist you to install the camera, it comes with a quick release plate featuring 1/4 and 3/8-inch male screws. Users appreciate this item for its solid feel, sturdy carbon fiber body, and small and compact nature.
3. Fantaseal Camera Grip MountGet it now on Amazon.com
The Fantaseal grip mount is ideal for Sony, Nikon, Panasonic, Olympus, Pentax, Fujifilm, Canon and other brands of camera camcorders, as well as Go Pro. The versatile accessory is made of heavy-duty ABS material and comes with a nonslip runner plate.
It features a 1/4″ screw adapter and an ergonomic pistol design for better handling. This makes POV shooting and taking selfies a breeze and can be used both indoors and outdoors. People like this stabilizer because it keeps the camera very steady, come with a firm yet soft grip, and taking shots is easy. It, unfortunately, isn’t effective for heavy cameras.
2. Roxant PRO Video Camera StabilizerGet it now on Amazon.com
The Roxant stabilizer is fit for cameras from brands including Sony, canon, Panasonic, Nikon as well as GoPro. It is well-built to offer good stability during use and this leads to professional results.
The item doesn’t shake, wobble, or lose balance even when handled roughly. It has good ergonomics and boasts of a nonslip and user-friendly handle. It’s very comfortable, not heavy, and easy to use. Unfortunately, it’s not designed for cameras heavier than 2.1 pounds, is somewhat noisy, and takes time to understand how to get a perfect balance.
1. Roxant PRO Midnight Black Limited Edition camera StabilizeGet it now on Amazon.com
You can make the video camera, GoPro, Smartphone, or camcorder more stable by mounting it on the Roxant Pro camera stabilizer. Fit for Sony, Canon, Nikon, and other brands, this unit will minimize motion, wobbling or shaking even under extreme situations.
This is achieved though advanced design and low center of balance. And to avoid the lower arm from swinging unnecessarily, it features a nonslip grip. It gets positive reviews for its steadiness, easy to use, and professional results. On the downside, the stick is a bit short and the motion range is limited.
Taking good photos or making amazing videos doesn’t have to be a struggle. You shouldn’t use lots of effort trying to balance the camera or keep it steady. What you need is the best camera stabilizer, which will work with different brands, mounting a camera camcorder, Go Pro and related accessories is simple and will keep the unit steady throughout. Each product has been analyzed and has passed the test in regard to reliability, user-friendliness, durability and quality.