Convertible cribs are the one of the world’s greatest inventions. You are able to use these cribs even as your baby grows to a toddler as they are designed to convert into large beds. You get save money that you would have used to buy a new bed as your baby grows up and to top it up, some have drawers or changing stations built into the crib. They are a good way for you to prepare for the future.
Portable cribs are a great deal for parents who frequently move their cribs from place to place. Most of these cribs have wheels for easier movement. They are fold-able too. There are a variety of cribs to choose from. We have created this guide to help you find the perfect choice for you and your incoming bundle of joy.
How to choose the best Convertible Cribs
When it comes to choosing the best convertible crib you should consider the following factors:
A convertible crib can transform from a crib to something else. You’re able to choose from a variety of cribs depending on your preference and needs. Be observant enough to discover which conversions suit you and your baby’s needs.
Due to the diversity of convertible cribs some don’t come conversion rails or mattresses needed to make the conversion while some do. It’s up to you to decide if you’re willing to go that extra mile
Cribs come in different designs, some are have a lot of decor and some are plain. They also come in a variety of colors. It’s best to consider which designs and color would work best with your nursery.
Convertible cribs are very diverse so your preference will determine the price of the convertible crib. The more advanced the features of the convertible crib are the more the price. Simpler convertible cribs with fewer features are more pocket friendly but hey this is going to be your child’s bed for quite a number of years so it is definitely a good investment.
Why you need a convertible crib
It’s a long term investment
It’s true that convertible cribs are a bit pricy but it is mostly definitely a worthy investment as your baby is able to grow with it. This kind of cribs are designed to be used for 24 months as opposed to regular cribs where parents will be forced to purchase a another bed and mattress in a short amount of time simply because the baby outgrew the regular crib. That’s twice the money. That said, convertible beds are your best bet.
An All-In-One solution
Some of the best convertible cribs are able to perform a variety functions at once. They can be converted to different types of beds for babies and can also be used for storage. They also come with multi-positional mattresses that are very durable and easy to clean. It also saves parents from the hustle of going to buy new beds and mattresses as the baby growers older. Another plus is that these beds are durable as the materials used to make them are high-end; therefore they are able to withstand harsh conditions and wear and tear.
Best Convertible Cribs in 2019
- 10. Evolur Santa Fe 5-in-1 Convertible Crib, Storm Grey
- 9. Evolur Aurora 5-in-1 convertible Crib, Ivory Lace
- 8. Dreams on Me Jayden 4-in-1 Mini Convertible Crib and Changer, Storm Grey
- 7. Storckcraft Rosalnd 3-in-1 Convertible Crib-White
- 6. Delta Children Emery 4-in-1 Crib, White
- 5. Dream on Me 4-in-1 Aden Convertible Mini Crib, Cherry
- 4. Union 3-in-1 Convertible Crib, Grey
- 3. Storckcraft portfolio 4-in-1 fixed side convertible crib
- 2. Dream on Me Violet 7 in 1 Convertible Life Style Crib, Black
- 1. Davici Kalani 4-in-1 Convertible Crib, Espresso
10. Evolur Santa Fe 5-in-1 Convertible Crib, Storm Grey
By: EvolurGet it now on Amazon.com
This charming crib can easily be transitioned from a standard sized crib to a toddler bed, a day bed and a full size bed as well. However, rails of a full bed are sold separately. This crib has a matching double dresser, chest, hutch and nightstand. This collection is available in vintage gray, steel gray and distressed white colors. The crib converts to a toddler bed with the help of conversion kit which is sold separately. They are also very safe.
• This crib is made from kiln-dried hard woods with fine veneer
• A standard size Evolur mattress fits in it perfectly.
9. Evolur Aurora 5-in-1 convertible Crib, Ivory Lace
Get it now on Amazon.com
This crib is crafted from kiln-dried wood with fine veneers. It has a curved elegant headboard with a beautiful ribbon and it has bow detailed spindles. It has Queen Anne style feet which gives it a feminine feel. The crib converts to a toddler bed with the help of conversion kits which are sold separately. They are also very safe and fit a standard Evolur mattress.
• This convertible bed weighs 114 lbs.
• The dimension of this crib is 58Lx32WX54H
See also: Top 10 Best Strollers in 2019
8. Dreams on Me Jayden 4-in-1 Mini Convertible Crib and Changer, Storm Grey
Get it now on Amazon.com
This is a multi-purpose crib with sturdy rails for safety, three level mattress support.1” mattress pad. It has a changing table (which is sold separately) has a changing pad and restraining strap with easy release buckle to secure baby safely in place. You’re able to detach the changing table and convert this mini crib into a day bed as soon as your baby outgrows it.
• By purchasing optional bed rails, you can convert this mini crib to a twin bed.
• This crib is up to Government’s safety standards.
7. Storckcraft Rosalnd 3-in-1 Convertible Crib-White
This crib crafted from high quality pine wood and composites. It converts to a toddler bed and a day bed. You absolutely don’t need guard rails for this. It has an adjustable mattress and it is very safe to use as it is nontoxic. The maximum suggested child weight is 50 pounds. Thanks to Three-position adjustable mattress, this crib will be able to support baby’s growth.
• This crib is available in multiple and durable non-toxic finishes
• Comes with 1 year limited manufacturer’s warranty
See also: Top 10 Best Baby Food Makers in 2019
6. Delta Children Emery 4-in-1 Crib, White
By Delta Children
Get it now on Amazon.com
This crib converts to a toddler bed, a daybed and full sized bed with a headboard. The cribs come with daybed rails however, if you would wish to convert it to a toddler bed you would have to purchase a toddler guardrail and a crib conversion rail to achieve this. It is made of strong and sturdy wood. The crib has three position mattress height adjustments which will allow you to lower it as the baby grows.
• It fits a standard crib mattress which is sold separately.
• It is toxins free.
5. Dream on Me 4-in-1 Aden Convertible Mini Crib, Cherry
By Dream On MeGet it now on Amazon.com
This crib can be used as it is or converted to a daybed and twin-sized bed with or without the foot stands. For conversion, you’ll have to purchase conversion kits. This crib has 3-position support which helps when the baby grows, to minimize the danger of your baby from climbing or falling out as you are able to adjust it at any time. The mattress to this crib is sold separately and the crib comes in black. This crib is very safe and toxins free.
• It is up to the standards of CPSC and ASTM safety.
• It is Ergonomically designed and structurally stable.
4. Union 3-in-1 Convertible Crib, Grey
By: unionGet it now on Amazon.com
This crib is made from pine and is very durable. It converts to a daybed and a toddler bed with the help of conversion kits which are sold separately. It has a four adjustable mattress level which allows you to adjust as your child grows. It allows a standard fit crib mattress that is sold separately. It is very safe and non-toxic.
• It comes with four adjustable mattress levels
• Additionally, this crib is made with highly durable New Zealand pine wood
3. Storckcraft portfolio 4-in-1 fixed side convertible crib
By: StorckcraftGet it now on Amazon.com
This beautiful crib is the king of multi-tasking. It comes with three very spacious drawers and three open shelves, a changing table which you can detach and use as a nightstand when the crib is converted into a full-sized bed. This can not only convert to a full-sized bed but it can also convert to a day bed and a toddler bed with help of Storckcraft toddler guard rail(for a toddler bed), Storckcraft full sized crib conversion kit and a metal bed frames(for a full sized bed) which are sold separately. The beauty of it is that you wouldn’t have to buy another because it is able to serve your child from infancy to adolescence as it converts to different stages. I cannot forget to mention that it has an adjustable mattress height; you are able to adjust the level as you want to make sure that you baby is safe from falling down.
• This product is safe and toxin free
• It is available in white and brown colors
See also: Top 10 Best Baby Playpens in 2019
2. Dream on Me Violet 7 in 1 Convertible Life Style Crib, Black
By: dream on me
This crib is made of pine which is very durable. It converts into a toddler bed, a daybed, a twin bed and full-sized bed. In order to convert the crib into a toddler bed, a full sized bed, a twin bed or a daybed, you will have to buy a toddler guardrail, stabilizers and a full-size rail which are sold separately from the crib. It has an adjustable mattress system which you can easily adjust to protect your baby from climbing or falling.
• It is lead free, BPA free and latex free thus very safe.
• It comes in the color cherry which very warm and is inviting.
1. Davici Kalani 4-in-1 Convertible Crib, Espresso
Get it now on Amazon.com
This is one of the highest selling and best-selling convertible cribs for over 10 years. It converts to a toddler bed, a daybed and a full bed with the help of conversion kits which are sold separately. It is made of pine and is Green guard certified, it has been screened for 360 VOCS and numerous chemicals. Meaning it is free from chemicals and toxins.
• It meets all safety standards.
• The buyer is given a one-year warranty.
It is our hope that you will find this article helpful and your journey of finding the best convertible cribe has been made easier. We collected the best ones on the market, choosing one from the above 10 will be worth your while. Happy shopping!