Corners and edges of low lying furniture and walls can be quite risky especially if you have a toddler at home. Corner protectors are around to ensure that you or your agile baby will not get bruised or cut in case they fall on or collide with these pointed surfaces. They are made of shock absorbing materials like foam that prevent injuries. We created this post to make it easy for you when you decide to put your family safety first and install corner protectors in your home. Read on to discover the highest quality corner protectors you will come across on the super-competitive market and what to give thought to when making a purchase.
What to Consider When Buying Corner Protectors
- Versatility: Some protectors are meant for corners while others can be used for smooth edges. Look out for options that offer both corner protectors and edge protector to ensure the best value. The choice you settle for should also not restrict you to glass or wooden furniture, it should be compatible with most surfaces to make it multi-purpose and versatile.
- Durability: The type of material used determines the durability of the corner protector. Ensure the material sturdy and solid and can stand up to moisture, extreme conditions and wear and tear if you want long-lived service.
- Safety: Make sure the material used is cushiony enough to protect and keep the baby safe. Considering how creepy babies can be, the material should be safe from toxic chemicals.
- Size: The thickness of the protector should be ample enough to cover the entire corner or edge that poses a threat to your dear ones. Compare the dimensions of the protector against the measurements of the edge and corners you intend to cover to ensure a snuggle fit.
Why You Need Corner Protectors
- Safety: It is important to use corner protectors to keep your kids safe from injury should they stumble upon sharp and point edge and corners. The prevents injuries like bruises.
- Protection: When moving or transporting furniture, protect the precious finish on the wall with corner and edge protectors.
Last update on 2020-09-28 / Affiliate links / Price / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Best Corner Protectors in 2020
10. Baby Safety Proofing Edge Corner Guards Set
By: Best4ydealCheck price on Amazon
You have been looking for a simple and efficient way to baby proof the edges and corners in your home and now it is right in front of you. It is made of safe and soft NBR foam rubber that is fire resistant and eco-friendly. The foam is thickened and widened for extra cushioning. You will get a 2-meter strip protector for the edge and 4 corners with 12mm thickness. You can use these protectors anywhere from your table or desk to glass surfaces, kitchen units, furniture, brick fireplaces and many more areas. The materials used are non-toxic making it safe for your kids. The company recommends adult supervision for kids under 3 years.
- It comes with adhesive double sided 3m tape/roll for the edge and 4 tapes for corners.
- It is easy to remove and install.
9. Gimars Upgraded Sticky Adhesive FDA Silicone Corner Protectors
By: GimarsCheck price on Amazon
If you are on a quest for protectors specifically for corners then look nowhere else and embrace this great innovation. The larger 1.57-inch diameter edge protector is designed largely to prevent chocking the baby in the event that they come off. It is created from FDA approved food-grade silicone that is non-toxic making it safe even if your baby decides to chew it. It uses a super sticky 3m 300SLE adhesive tape that is traceless and won’t affect the finish on the surface. You will get 8 pieces of these protectors so you have one for every edge in your home. These can be wonderful gifts or your baby shower.
- They are highly affordable.
- Satisfaction and Money-Back Guarantee.
See also: Top 10 Best Baby Walkers in 2020
8. Home Goblin Corner Guards
By: Home GoblinCheck price on Amazon
If you want something tight that your baby can’t easily rip off then this is for you. The guards are clear and transparent so they will blend into the edge surface without attracting much attention. The material used is lightweight, dense, soft and tough to stand up to intense use. It comes with a super sticky adhesive that secures the guards firmly in place. The adhesive is designed to preserve the finish on the surface. They are made of BPA free and non-toxic material so you can still relax even if your baby takes it to the mouth. Another wise choice that is worth sacrificing for.
- They are easy to install.
- The guards don’t leave marks on the surface.
7. Ultimate Child Proofing Corner Protector Kit
By: Ar4uCheck price on Amazon
The next best corner protector is this stylish yet capable set from Ar4u. The best part is this protector is invisible and is not easily noticeable so it won’t draw the kids’ attention like ordinary corner protectors. The manufacturer used non-toxic PVC to make these protectors making it safe for the kids. They are built to last and will keep your family protected for years onwards. The guards are easy to install so you will be able to quickly install it quickly as the toddler moves fast towards the corner. They use 3M adhesives to keep them firmly in place and avoid falling off. The package offers 12 clear corner guards so you have plenty to cover all the risky edges. Would we recommend this set to you? Of course, we’d.
- Comes with 2 extra child locks for cabinets to make your home safer.
- The company promises a refund for any defects or dissatisfied buyers.
See also: Top 10 Best Baby High Chairs in 2020
6. Ellas Homes Clear Corner Protectors Sharp Corners Baby Proofing
By: Ellas HomesCheck price on Amazon
With these corner guards at your disposal, you can comfortably sit back and relax as your lovely little one walks or crawls around. It is clear and transparent so you will retain the original look of the surface without attracting much attention. They are lightweight yet durable enough to hold up to long years of rough handling by kids. Each protector is 1.5 inches thick assuring maximum cushioning. Installing this unit is a breeze, you get a user-friendly and quick installation guide to help you through. It comes with extra hold adhesives that have been pre-applied directory from the factory so you only need to remove the covering and stick the guards. You shouldn’t need any more than the 20 protectors that you get in this package meaning all the corners and edge in your home are cared for.
- It is covered by a 30-day money back guarantee.
- The material used is non-toxic and safe for your family.
5. Edge Cushion & Corner Guard Set
By: Mom’s BestyCheck price on Amazon
What a tremendous way to protect all your corners and edges and let your precious baby move around freely. They rely on rubber foam that makes them twice the size of ordinary protector offering more cushioning. The materials used are non-toxic, latex free and kids safe making them a safe option. The guards are also flame resistant and durable and will provide the protection you need for decades. Each corner guard comes pre-attached with 3M tape so you can use them straight from the box. Installing these guards is pretty easy and doesn’t demand any special tools. You get 15 feet of the edge guard and 4 taped corner bumpers to care for all your protection needs. The makers advise that you test the adhesive on an inconspicuous area first since it may affect your finish.
- Buyers get a FREE “Home Baby Proofing” Checklist (pdf).
- 30-day no-risk money back guarantee.
See also: Top 10 Best Infant Car Seats in 2020
4. Soft Baby Proofing Corner Guards & Edge Protectors
By: Sure BasicsCheck price on Amazon
Why risk leaving exposed edges and corners with your kids around when you can get this conveniently priced set of corner and edge guards. The company used non-toxic EVA rubber that is durable and can stand up to whichever surface you will throw them on. Each corner guard comes with pre-applied 3M adhesive tape so you only need to peel the tape backing and place it at the desired corner. The guards are fire retardant and durable and will make it through the year of intense use. The guards are designed to stick on firmly whether you intend to use them on wood, steel, glass, ceramic or concrete. You get 8 pieces of these calm looking corner protectors. All the materials used are free from lead, BPA, phthalate making it safe should the child bite the guards.
- No after marks left on the surface.
- It is covered by a 30-day refund policy in case of defects or dissatisfactions.
3. Corner Protectors, Clear – 8-Pack Caring Corners Guards by The Hamptons Baby
By: The Hamptons BabyCheck price on Amazon
The Hamptons baby is a name that needs no introduction for parents and they offer another functional and practical piece of innovation in this set of corner protectors. They are clear and transparent so they will blend into your furniture and remain unnoticeable. You can use them to protect your baby from injury and keep your walls safe from scratches when moving furniture. They come with pre-applied gel adhesive with the extra power that ensures the guards firmly hold on to the edges regardless of the wear and tear. The company recommends extra care since the adhesive may damage the finish on the surface. You should also avoid leaving your child unsupervised. There are 8 stylish pieces for you to work within this package.
- The company promises a full refund if they are not what you expected.
- Comes with instructions for easy installation.
See also: Top 10 Best Baby Monitors in 2020
2. Edge & Corner Guards Set
By: Bébé EarthCheck price on Amazon
The runners-up in this category are these soft yet dense cushion edge and corner guards. The guards are coffee brown in color to blend with wood furniture and brown surfaces. Each piece is made of durable cushion material that will withstand years of serious abuse. The materials used are BPA free and non-toxic so you and your dear ones will be safe from chemicals. The pack offers 8 pre-taped corners and an extra-long 20.4 feet edge guard to keep you and your family protected from injuries and bruises. You will get a 40 foot long 3M double-sided adhesive tape so you should not worry if the adhesive fades with time. You will also find a door stopper to keep your baby’s fingers safe from closing swinging doors.
- Buyers enjoy lifetime money back guarantee in case of defects and dissatisfactions.
- Quick and easy installation with the instruction sheet.
1. Roving Cove Baby Proofing Edge & Corner Guards
By: Roving CoveCheck price on Amazon
The Roving cove baby proofing corner protector is what we deem to be our class leaders.
The manufacturer chose a soft and high density yet durable and fire-resistant material that can stand up to intense day to day use.
The material used is free from BPA, phthalates, or other harmful chemicals so in case you baby bites it, they will still be safe.
The pack comes with an impressive 18 feet edge guards and 8 corner cushions to keep all the corner and edges in your home covered. It comes with a 36ft double sided 3M Acrylic tape and 32 pieces for the corner guards so even if you don’t get it right on the first attempt you can still re-install the guards.
- You get free magnetic cabinet locks with this purchase.
- It is highly affordable.
The worthy options we have gone through are up to the task and will be real value for money. There’s an endless list of the reasons why we will highly recommend these choices, so go ahead and select the option that suits you and keeps your family protected.