Cycling is a popular activity that has been growing in popularity. Some people engage in it for recreational purpose, others as a fun activity, while there are those who do it as a competitive sport. Whichever your reason for cycling, you need to wear the right short.
A poor type will not only make you feel uncomfortable, or affect your performance, but can also cause friction and even harm your skin. Poor choices include a type that is too light, too thick, too short, or too long. The material, padding, seam, design, and material should also be right. This review looks at the key features of a good product and summarizes the top 10 best cycling shorts for men in 2018.
Cycling Shorts – Buying Guide
The following are some of the features to focus on when planning to buy men’s cycling shorts:
- Material: Cycling puts a lot of strain on the material especially in the groin region. A good material will be more tolerant to wear and strain but still offer good comfort and aeration. Nylon, Lycra, Polyester, and Elastane are among the common materials.
- Design: The shorts come in varied designs to suit the riding style, terrain, individual preference, emerging trends and more. It pays to first understand all these before settling on a product.
- Comfort: A good pair of cycling shorts will fit comfortably and won’t feel too tight or too loose. It also won’t ride up or lose shape due to regular use and washing.
- Chamois: This is the padded section on the shorts that protects your midsection from the saddle. It shouldn’t be too thin such that it offers little protection or too thick that it makes you uncomfortable.
- Size: Always choose the right size depending on your hip and waist size. It’s important to note that the sizes may vary from manufacturer to manufacturer and its advised to seek professional help.
- UV protection: cycling exposes you to the harmful UV rays from the sun. A good short will protect you from the effects and should have at least UV 50 plus protection.
Best Cycling Shorts for Men in 2018
- 10. Louis Garneau Comp Men’s Tri Shorts – Bright Yellow
- 9. Anivivo Mens 3D Gel Padding Cycling Shorts With Italian Non-Slip Imported Belt, Bike Shorts
- 8. Sponeed Men’s Gel Padded Cycling Shorts
- 7. Przewalski Men’s Cycling Short
- 6. Louis Garneau Optimum Cycling Shorts
- 5. Beroy Cycling Men’s Short
- 4. Dinamik Mens Bike Extra Padded Shorts Breathable Stretch Light Cycling Pants By Evo Pro
- 3. Canari Cyclewear Cycling Short
- 2. Sponeed Men’s Cycling Shorts
- 1. SANTIC Cycling Men’s Shorts for cycling 4D COOLMAX Padded, Half Pants
10. Louis Garneau Comp Men’s Tri Shorts – Bright YellowGet it now on Amazon.com
This Short is designed for beginning cyclist and it has a Powerband leg cuff that doesn’t limit your blood circulation. The Compressive cuff lessens pressure at your lower leg and offers support without restricting air circulation. It feels very nice when you are riding your bike
It also has a mesh back pocket that enables you to store your essentials. The short provides Good mobility when running and has adequate padding when you are biking.
9. Anivivo Mens 3D Gel Padding Cycling Shorts With Italian Non-Slip Imported Belt, Bike Shorts
If you are an amateur on cycling, you should not hesitate to pick this items, because it has seat pad that is thicker that is suitable for you. We profoundly recommend the utilization for long distance rides. Its leg opening is outfitted with the Italian hostile to slip belt; it can lessen the friction amid the long distance riding. It has a Mesh Panel that helps you when you work hard; you will experience breathability and fast dry.
The main reason behind why you may need to consider these shorts is the seat cushion that is thick enough to give enough solace to long rides and it doesn’t feel awkward when you are walking with it.
8. Sponeed Men’s Gel Padded Cycling ShortsGet it now on Amazon.com
Sponeed Bike Shorts usually permits you to bike for lengthy distances; it has a spandex lycra material that is elastic and breathable for ultimate comfort and perfect fitting. The sublimation print is well done utilizing Italian ink to make sure that this short does not fade out. It has a soft touch making you to feel much comfortable. The short can be utilized by any cyclist.
Every time you are sweaty, this short never stick on your skin, it contain a fast-dry feature that make you feel very comfortable. It’s also designed with materials that are skin-friendly.
7. Przewalski Men’s Cycling ShortGet it now on Amazon.com
Cycling shorts are essential to in any rider’s arsenal, and you should not compromise on the quality of the gear you use. Luckily, you have Przewalski to thank for this padded cycling garment. It is crafted from mesh fiber that is more breathable and stronger than that cheap cycling short you bought from the convenience store. A high-density COOLMAX pad that is about 1.5 cm thick significantly lends to support and comfort and can consistently withstand 8 hours of cycling.
Abrasions and chaffing are a thing of the past with anti-slip silicon leg grips that are fitted to ensure your underwear is exactly how you want it. The waistband is never so hard on you and is effective in preventing sweat from reaching the upper part of your body. You should get yourself this handy little beauty, it offers a lot for the price.
6. Louis Garneau Optimum Cycling ShortsGet it now on Amazon.com
This cycling short is ideal entry-level for riders who are beginning because it has highly stretching fabric, Powerband compressive cuff and flatlock seams. It is furnished with an Italian-made chamois which is comfortable and provides enough padding for a wide range of cycling paths, trails and roads.
It is also equipped with Coolmax top sheet for healthier wicking and moisture management also has high-density Multi-thickness foam for better ergonomics and support. Its chamois adapts ergonomically to your body and two-way stretch delivers a decent fit and contour when riding.
5. Beroy Cycling Men’s Short
The Beroy Custom cycling shorts are no strangers in top reviews. They occupy the first slot for many reasons but the following are the most obvious. They are strong courtesy of the 82.4 % polyester and 17.6% spandex. With a weight of 200g/m2, they are light and offer good sweat absorption and breath ability.
Also, the 3D gel padding is not only comfortable but also protective. Other notable advantages include good density (80kg/m3), strong hems, doesn’t ride and are easy to wash. According to some people, the spandex is moderately thin, there is no elastic on the leg opening, and can be a bit see through for people with very large thighs.
4. Dinamik Mens Bike Extra Padded Shorts Breathable Stretch Light Cycling Pants By Evo Pro
Get through your toughest and longest bicycle rides with this Dinamik’s Bicycle Mens Shorts. With its chamois padding, breathable elastic fabric, premium moisture wicking and more, you can easily ride at your best.
The chamois gel padding gives extra help right where you require it, and prevents the fabric from bunching up making you comfortable while you ride. The second skin fit usually fits of these bicycle shorts and prevents the friction from riding in one position for a long time, it also reduces the wind drag and this improves speed.
3. Canari Cyclewear Cycling ShortGet it now on Amazon.com
Enjoy cycling freedom and by wearing the Canari Cyclewear men’s short. They are made of 82% nylon, 18% spandex, and come is an 8-panel anatomical design. To boost your comfort and minimize injury while riding or seating on the saddle, the shorts are padded with Velo gel.
They can be washed by hand, washing machine, and hung dried. You should consider these shorts because they are well made, comfortable, have good shock absorption, and durable. On the contrary, the padding is somewhat thin, may feel loose for very slender people, and is not bleach-friendly.
2. Sponeed Men’s Cycling ShortsGet it now on Amazon.com
The Sponeed cycling shorts come in different sizes to suit various users. All are however made from 80% Polyester and 20% Lycra. This combination makes them smooth, soft and elastic at the same time. The Chamois consist of 4D gel pad that is known for its comfort and durability.
And to improve air circulation and reduce sweating, the shorts come in an easy-breathe design. The Sponeed cycling shorts are liked for their comfort, seamless nature, quick drying, and don’t ride up. They, unfortunately, are very light, a bit long especially for shorter users, a can be affected by bleach.
1. SANTIC Cycling Men’s Shorts for cycling 4D COOLMAX Padded, Half Pants
These cycling shorts include a combination of Lycra, spandex, and nylon material. They likewise have UPF 50 sun protection. If your ride is shorter, longer, or nix, you will acknowledge its sweat-wicking material and breathable mesh design.
The short has a two-panel, smooth construction and the seamless pad which decreases the chances of saddle sores and abrasion. Its surface has a cool and smooth microfiber which is best for cycling. These shorts additionally accompany a 12-panel pad to enhance comfort.
As a cyclist, you should find this top 10 best cycling shorts for men in 2018 review a good guide for your next shorts. We rounded the best products and carefully picked the best-of-the-best.
When wearing them, cases of feeling uncomfortable, your skin chaffing, aches in the groin area due to the hard saddle, or the shorts riding up will be a thing of the past. You also don’t have to worry about them shrinking or expanding over time and wearing out too soon.