Taking the temperature of a young child shouldn’t be a challenge, at least not with digital thermometers. Unlike their mercury siblings, digital thermometers are easy to use, fast and accurate. They are usable in hospitals, schools, and homes.
We understand how challenging it is though, to decide on which pick to go for with the uncountable number of options available and we are here to ensure that you purchase the best. The in-depth guide below should help you choose the appropriate digital thermometer according to your needs.
Factors to Consider When Buying Digital Thermometers
- Accuracy and Durability: Your digital thermometer should give the correct reading when used with a bright display and easy to use format. The text should be reliable for proper interpretations of the temperature change. The material used should be hard to break ensuring it lasts long enough to serve your needs without the urge to acquire a new one. Consider thermometer with longer battery lives so that you won’t have to scramble for batteries in the dark when you have to take measurements at night.
- The Age of the User: The age of the user determines the mode of measurement. The ear, for example, is recommended for children over a year old and forehead okay for all age groups. For infants, choose with a flexible or rigid tip. The rigid option takes underarm or rectal temperatures best while the flexible option is suitable for oral temperatures.
- Extra Features: Measuring your sick baby’s temperature can be a tiring exercise but not with excellent features like built-in memories which lets you access the last several temperatures taken, useful when you need to track the progression of your ailing kin, and great for tracking ovulation. Alert signals that produce beeping sounds and auto shut-off when the allotted time has gone by informs the user that they can look at the reading. Backlit display screens will show you the numbers when taking temperature so opt for thermometers with a more extensive, easy-to-read screen. It should be backlit so that you can quickly read it in the dark if you are taking the temperature while the child is sleeping.
Best Digital Thermometers in 2020
10. PREVE-Medical Non-Contact Forehead Temporal Thermometer
By: PREVECheck price on Amazon
This cute Non-Contact Thermometer by PREVE is one of the best baby thermometers you can find in the market. It is made with advanced infrared technology and this makes it have high accuracy and will quickly indicate the temperature readings. This medical clinical forehead thermometer is trusted by Medical Professionals and Pediatricians and it is recommended for both adults and children.
The thermometer has three different measuring methods and you can measure room temperature, surface temperature, and body temperature. The temperatures are measured without having skin contact and this avoids cross-contamination. In addition, it is backed with a two years manufacturer warranty.
9. iHealth Thermometer Digital Infrared Forehead Thermometer
By: iHealthCheck price on Amazon
This is a proven baby thermometer that every mother needs to have at their home. They are easy and fast to use and suitable for toddlers, kid, and adults. The thermometer is made with an ultra-sensitive infrared sensor that usually collects 100 data points per second from the forehead. Besides that, it features a large backlit LED screen displays that have bright white light for easy reading of results.
The thermometer is totally safe for kids to use as it has a No-Touch design. In addition to that, it is Medical CE Approved and FDA Cleared meeting all the performance standards. Backed with a 12-month warranty.
8. SECRET TOUCH Ear and Forehead 5-in-1 Thermometer
By: SECRET TOUCHCheck price on Amazon
SECRET TOUCH is a sufficiently consistent and extremely reliable thermometer that provide the most practical way to get precise temperature data. Made with a high-accuracy sensor and latest smart chip that allows the unit to have the best accuracy. Its have 5 in 1 function and you can also use it to measure room temperature, object temperature, and liquid temperature. Besides that, it is suitable for all ages like elders, infants, and adults.
This thermometer saves up to last 35 sets memory recall for you to know the track of temperature range. It also comes with a large temperature display screen that will clearly indicate the readings even during the night.
7. Vigorun Medical Ear and Forehead Digital Infrared Thermometer
By: VigorunCheck price on Amazon
The Vigorun Medical Infrared Thermometer has everything you require to take your infant temperature in an instant. It delivers reliable results as it has a high-accuracy sensor that ensures excellent performance. This thermometer is designed to be used for all age’s elders, infants, and adults. Allowing you to easily switch between ℉ and ℉. Ideally, the thermometer supports ear and forehead functions.
With its 35 sets of memory, you will be able to track your child changes in temperatures. Furthermore, features a large backlit LCD screen that enables you to take the reading in low lighted areas and also during the night. comes with 18 months replacement warranty.
6. Hobest Baby Thermometer, Infrared Ear and Forehead Thermometer
By: HobestCheck price on Amazon
The Hobest is a reliable and quick baby thermometer that features a precise sensor to provide accurate results. It is FDA Approved and Clinical Tested while it gives an instant reading in seconds. Moreover, you can easily switch from ear to forehead mode by just pushing a button. With its large LCD Display Screen, this will make it easy to read the test results and you can measure the temperatures to a sleeping kid without disturbing them.
This Baby Thermometer can also be used to test the temperature of the milk bottle, objects, or nursery room and baby bath water. It will also store the latest 20 times test readings for you to track the temperatures changes.
5. iProvèn Medical Temporal Forehead Digital Ear Thermometer
By: iProvènCheck price on Amazon
Ideal for infants, kids, and adults, this Ear Thermometer offers accurate and instant temperature reading. It comes with an LED display that light up either red or green and this makes it comfortable to take reading even during the night. Moreover, it will give accurate and consistent measurements every time. with its good grade construction, this makes it durable and will last for a long time without breakage.
It’s a versatile thermometer that enables you to measure even bottle temperatures, body temperatures and room temperatures with unmatched precision. Other than that, you will also be able to switch between Fahrenheit and Celsius for convenience.
4. Metene Medical Forehead and Ear Thermometer
By: MeteneCheck price on Amazon
You are a parent who needs a good digital thermometer for their medicine cabinet right? This is where correctly you should be looking for one. What is expected of you is to bring the gadget to the forehead or ear of the user and let the advanced infrared sensors do their work in a second. After all, all the components have been tested, and PDA approved.
It is also capable of storing up to 20 reading so you won’t need to scribble anything in notebooks. You have a 30-day money back guarantee and one year manufacturer’s warranty awaiting you so no need for any doubts.
3. ANKOVO Forehead and Ear Thermometer
By: ANKOVOCheck price on Amazon
Some people are only comfortable after taking measurements from the forehead and confirming with the ear readings. Fortunately, there is one digital thermometer on the market that allows you to use dual modes of temperature measurement. This does not mean that it will compromise on accuracy and precision; it is pretty reliable and can deliver up to 20 previous readings.
And the beauty of it is that whenever the temperature of the user exceeds 99.5 ͦF, this essential medical accessory warns them with seven rapid and short beeps and LCD flicker. This option checks a lot of boxes from what you may want out of a digital thermometer.
2. Enji Prime Digital Medical Thermometer
By: Enji PrimeCheck price on Amazon
This device by Enji Prime comes highly recommended and for good reasons. As caring kin, it is good to know that you are covered by this #1 Bestseller thermometer which should keep you and your family safe and healthy. This is an excellent companion if you have little kids at home as it is FDA approved for safety and function. Oral, rectal and armpit measurements are supported, and it is known to be gentle to use and fast so it can be used while your fussy child is fast asleep without disturbing them at all.
It gives a fast, accurate reading in just one second and allows you to decide whether to have your values in either degree Fahrenheit or Celsius. Please be advised that the beep produced to indicate the readiness of the values may take longer depending on the measurement method you decide to use. The company backs all these excellent features with a lifetime guarantee
1. Braun Digital Ear Thermometer
By: BraunCheck price on Amazon
When it comes to finding a genuine value-for-money product with incredible features, this digital thermometer delivers what it promises. This infrared thermometer uses ear measurements to obtain precisely accurate pediatricians-grade results in a matter of seconds. It comes packed with user geared features such as a flexible pre-warmed tip- that makes it more convenient, softer in the mouth and is easy to use.
Memory is included to store 20 previous measurement readings, so you can check the consistently check the fever of the person who is unwell. The package also includes 21 lens filters in a protective case. Despite the slightly higher price, you still get the bang for your bucks with this pick.
Here are the best digital thermometers available for the users in present time; top-caliber products that would exceed even a cynic’s expectations. Pick one if not all of them and you will be catered for from the first sign of illness through to recovery. Having keenly selected the right products, we hope you’ll have great results.