While it’s true that the normal mouse can play PC games, it does have its shortcomings. For instance, it may not be super responsive and this causes delays, or the placing of the control buttons may affect how fast you click the button.
Also, due to the pressure when playing, you will press it harder and if the buttons aren’t strong enough they’ll wear out sooner-rather-than-later. To solve such problems, the gaming mouse was invented. It is very responsive, sturdily-built to withstand intense pressure and is more precise. To identify the top 10 best gaming mice in 2018, we had to look at the key features.
The Important Features :
- Control Precision: A good gaming mouse comes with laser or advanced optical sensor for more precise control.
- User Customization: It allows the user to customize it to suit his playing style or the need at hand
- Cable Length: Gaming mice feature longer cables for convenience and uninterrupted play.
- Grip: The mouse needs to have a grip that suits your playing style or palm type.
- Connectivity: linking the mouse to the device should be easy and doesn’t require additional software or programs. It should easily synch with other related devices including a keyboard, in 20mobile app, headset and more.
- Lag: Top gaming mice have minimal lag to create an advantage over the competitor. Most come in a wired form since it’s less prone to lag compared to wireless type.
Other notable features are extra buttons, on-the-fly adjustments, adjustable weights, and button tension springs.
Best Gaming Mice in 2018
- 10. MOOPOK Wired 3200 DPI Programmable Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
- 9. K-RAY M738 Ergonomic High-Precision 6 Buttons Gaming Mouse
- 8. TeckNet HYPERTRAK Programmable Laser Gaming Mouse with 16400 DPI
- 7. Senlleo Gaming Mouse, Precision Optical Wired Mouse With 3200 DPI
- 6. Pictek Gaming Mouse Wired 7200 DPI with 7 Buttons for PC Gamer
- 5. Jelly Comb 4000 DPI 7 Buttons LED USB Wired Optical Gaming Mouse
- 4. VersionTech Wired Gaming Mouse With 4 DPI, 2400 DPI, 7 Colors LED
- 3. Reddragon M601 Wired Gaming Mouse with RED LED 3200 DPI 6 Buttons
- 2. Blade Hawks GM-X5 Gaming Mouse Up to 4000DPI with colorful LED
- 1. EUKYMR Computer Gaming Mouse Professional Optical Wired 6 Adjustable 3200 DPI
10. MOOPOK Wired 3200 DPI Programmable Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
With this mouse, your gaming will become better and you will stand a higher chance of defeating your rival. The ergonomically-designed mouse feels light and comfortable in the palm thanks to the smooth and rubbery surface. It comes with 4 adjustable DPI (3200, 2000, 1600 and 1200) for improved cursory sensitivity.
The included 6 mouse keys make it easy to customize the device whereas the breathable surface minimizes sweaty palms. It is very responsive and features an extra long and very flexible wire. Good comfort, ergonomic design, good response, and easy customization are the mouse’s main positives. The disadvantage is that it takes a while to fully get used to the many features.
9. K-RAY M738 Ergonomic High-Precision 6 Buttons Gaming Mouse
Coming in a white color the K-Ray M738 stands out as one of the most ergonomically-designed and responsive gaming mice in the market. It’s very strong and sturdy courtesy of the metal base and Teflon feet, which are resistant to abrasion. The 6 mouse keys make customization easy whereas the 4 adjustable DPI enhance the versatility.
It’s compatible with many Operating systems including Windows, IOS, and Linux and is very trendy thanks to the built-in 7 colors breathing lamp. Main pros include cool design, nice DPI range, ergonomic, comfortable, sturdy, and strong. Some users nevertheless don’t like the ‘click’ sound it makes.
8. TeckNet HYPERTRAK Programmable Laser Gaming Mouse with 16400 DPI
This laser gaming mouse has very good sensitivity and will give you an edge over your rival. It has a maximum DPI of 16400 for improved precision and includes 10 programmable button and 5 Omron Micro Switches for easy customization.
The tuning cartridge allows you to adjust the weight for maximum comfort whereas the gold-plated connectors provide the best connectivity. The positives include good sensitivity, strong braided-fiber cables, lightweight, and easy customization. The negative is the center button is a little small.
7. Senlleo Gaming Mouse, Precision Optical Wired Mouse With 3200 DPI
The Senlleo gaming mouse features a smooth surface for ensuring your palm and fingers don’t get too tired even after intense play or long hours of playing. It is very responsive and accurate thanks to the advanced Optical sensors and has 5 DPI switches( 1200, 1600, 2000, 2400, and 3600).
The mouse is suited for different playing styles and is ergonomically-designed to offer the best control and comfort. The 4 Color Changing LED Lights to enhance its elegance whereas the universal plug and play function makes connecting it to devices a breeze. It’s loved because it is very responsive, comfortable, well-built, and cool-looking. Some consumers nonetheless say its little heavy.
6. Pictek Gaming Mouse Wired 7200 DPI with 7 Buttons for PC Gamer
Switching to this gaming mouse guarantees you of an amazing experience. It’s very simple in design but quite effective. It comes with 5 DPI levels( 1200, 2400, 3500, 5500, and 72200) for easy programming and is also very stylish thanks to the 16 million color led light.
The 7 buttons improve play while the USB high-speed transmission technology allows it to achieve speeds as fast as 1000Hz making it more accurate. It’s compatible with Windows 10/ 8/7/Vista, and XP. Its strong points are great sensitivity, very comfortable, easy to use, and long-lasting. The downside is it may not work with some Operating Systems.
5. Jelly Comb 4000 DPI 7 Buttons LED USB Wired Optical Gaming Mouse
With this optical gaming mouse, you stand a better chance of winning your game. It is very responsive and very effective thanks to the optical sensors. The mouse is ergonomically-designed for maximum comfort and minimal fatigue.
It features 54 adjustable DPI (1000, 1500, 2000, 3000, and 4000) for better sensitivity and has 7 mouse keys for easy customization. The smooth and rubber-like surface is not only breathable but also reduces sweating. It’s a good choice because of its good precision, extra long cable, very comfortable, and easy to use.
4. VersionTech Wired Gaming Mouse With 4 DPI, 2400 DPI, 7 Colors LED
The VersionTech mouse is among the most stylish and ergonomically-designed gaming mice in the market. It features a sturdy construction for reliability and longevity and is resistant to scratches and abrasion. The 4 adjustable DPI (800, 1200, 1600, and 2400) together with the Optical Tracking technology provides the right precision and sensitivity.
It features 7 colors LED light and is universally compatible with many OS including Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, Linux, Mac OS and more. Key pros include comfortable, good precision, lightweight, and easy to use. The con is the relatively small scroll button.
3. Reddragon M601 Wired Gaming Mouse with RED LED 3200 DPI 6 Buttons
You will have a better gaming experience when using the Reddragon M601 gaming mouse. The stylish piece features 4 5 DPI levels( 800/1600/ 2400 and 3200) and is among the easiest to program. It comes with a 6-foot long high-strength braided fiber cable for versatility and a good reach.
Like other top mice, it is compatible with many OS from Windows and features an anti-skid scroll wheel for better accuracy. For an even better experience, the accessories feature 5 memory profiles and 3600 FPS. Users love the good design, nice quality, comfort, and durability. However, many complain that the macro keys aren’t enough.
2. Blade Hawks GM-X5 Gaming Mouse Up to 4000DPI with colorful LED
This is among the most advanced gaming mice in the market. It comes in a modern-looking design to complement the superior technology. The highly-sensitive mouse offers you high precision control thanks to the variable DPI setting up to 4000DPI. It features 7 colors illuminating to keep you relaxed whereas the 5 customized buttons enhance the functionality.
The ultra-ergonomic design offers light balance and best accuracy while its universal compatibility suits it for Windows and Mac OS. Main advantages are it doesn’t require additional programming with Mac, its light and compact, and high quality. The disadvantage is that the surface texture is not ultra smooth.
1. EUKYMR Computer Gaming Mouse Professional Optical Wired 6 Adjustable 3200 DPI
Why struggle to play a computer game or keep losing because of a bad mouse? With the EUKYMR gaming mouse, not only do you get a professional-looking mouse but are assured of the best accuracy. It’s designed to work with Windows and Mac OS and comes with superior optics sensors for the best accuracy.
The wired piece comes with a long flexible wire for minimal lag and good reach. It features a strong and lightweight aluminum chassis for strength and reliability while the 6 Adjustable DPI Levels (500/1000/1600/2000/2400/3200) together with the 125HZ/250HZ/500HZ/1000HZ frequency improve the sensitivity.
Its key positives are strong, lightweight, ergonomic, and very sensitive. The negative is the little noise produced when clicking the button.
Choosing a gaming mouse is not very easy as there are so many types in the market. When talking about the best gaming mouse, you need to look at the key features which include precision control, connectivity, and weight, design, grip, genre, extra features, price and more. This means going through many products and comparing them.
An easier and more convenient is by relying on reviews. In this review, for instance, we have narrowed down the top 10 best gaming mice in 2018. By picking any of these devices, your gaming will definitely be more enjoyable and productive.