Label makers come handy in organizing things at home, in the office or any other places. They are designed to print customer labels or stickers easily and with minimal fuss. Over the years, all kinds of products have found their way into the market and this has complicated selection.
In fact, many potential customers get confused by the varied features and specifications. To avoid making costly mistakes or depending on trial and error many people turn to reviews that list the top choices. We also have examined and come up with the 10 best label makers for 2018.
What to look for In Best Label Printers
When searching for the ideal label printer it pays to focus on the following features:
- Display: A good label printer will have a properly-sized display that allows you to see what you are typing. The resolution and contrast should also be of high quality.
- Keyboard: Label printers come with either alphabetically-arranged or QWERTY keyboard. The latter is more preferred by many people since it’s easier to use. Also good devices will feature large buttons and good spacing.
- Portability: Top label printers are light, compact and also easy to carry. Desktop models though having more features than their smaller handheld counterparts are normally bulkier and heavier.
- Power Source: Plug-in or battery-operated label printer is the options you have. Battery-type can be used almost anywhere even when not near a power outlet. However, the batteries need replacing after sometime. Plug-in type need to be used near a power source and are usually less-portable than battery-operated label printers.
Other features that you need to focus on include Speed, Font Text, Refill Cartridges, Type of Paper, Memory, printing options (symbols, barcodes, pictures…..) and ease of use.
Best Label Makers in 2019
- 10. Brother PT-P700 label Printer
- 9. Brother PT-H100 P-touch Easy Hand-Held Label Maker
- 8. Epson LabelWorks LW-400 Label Maker
- 7. DYMO Twin-Turbo Label Printer
- 6. Brother QL-700 Professional Printer
- 5. Brother P-Touch PT-D210 Label Maker
- 4. DYMO LetraTag Handheld Label Maker (LT-100H)
- 3. Brother P-touch Labeler
- 2. DYMO Label Manager
- 1. DYMO, LabelManager 160 Label Maker
10. Brother PT-P700 label Printer
The Brother label is one of the recognized brands in regard to label printers. This is evidenced by this PC and MAC Connectable printer that features a USB cable. Not only is it light, compact and portable but also among the sleekest in the market.
It doesn’t feature the usual built-in keyboard which also contributes to its portability. To help you customize the design, font, template or graphics, you simply need to download software.
9. Brother PT-H100 P-touch Easy Hand-Held Label Maker
Printing labels on the go is easy with the PT-H100 label printer from Brother. The handheld device is light and portable and features one-touch keys.
It works great both indoors and outdoors courtesy to wireless nature and comes with a practical cable labeling feature for organizing cables and wires. And to print high-quality labels, this printer will work with TZe laminated paper also from Brother.
8. Epson LabelWorks LW-400 Label Maker
Producing excellent labels and models is simple and straightforward with the LW-400 label maker by Epson. It comes with 10 styles, 14 fonts, 300 plus built-in symbols and more than 75 barcodes and frames.
Its decent built-in memory can accommodate as many as 50 files whereas the smaller print margins save up to 62 of the paper. The well-sized and backlit display makes printing in poorly-lit areas easy.
7. DYMO Twin-Turbo Label Printer
Individuals, small businesses and large organizations looking to save time but still print high quality labels should think about the Twin Turbo label printer by DYMO. It features one-touch keys for selecting frames, fronts, symbols, templates and more.
To see how the final image will look before printing, the printer features a colorful display. Personalizing the final product is easy with the 95 frames, 14 fonts and 600plus symbols while the built-in memory can store as many as 30 labels.
6. Brother QL-700 Professional Printer
Looking for professional results? How about turning to the Brother QL-700 label printer? This high speed device can print as many as 93 labels within one minute.
It can print on labels, film tapes, and continuous-length paper and doesn’t require toner or ink since it relies on drop-in rolls. Besides labels, the unit is also used for envelopes discs, file folders, postage stickers, banners, barcode labels and address labels.
5. Brother P-Touch PT-D210 Label Maker
Personalize your labels in 95 frames, 14 fonts and using more than 600 symbols with the P-Touch PT-D210 label printer from Brother. Like its stable mates, it comes in a sleek, stylish, and portable design.
Quick access to the many frames, fonts, and symbols is provides by the one-touch keys while the graphical display shows how the final print will look like. It comes with built-in memory for storing up to 30 labels.
4. DYMO LetraTag Handheld Label Maker (LT-100H)
Homes and offices will benefit from the LetraTag label printer by DYM. This handheld unit is not only portable and small in size but can be used in many varied locations courtesy of being powered by 4 AAA batteries.
Its graphical screen can display up to 13 characters and can print in 2 lines, 7 print styles, 5 font sizes and 8 box styles. Other features are 9-label memory, 3 language options, date stamp, Automatic-off saves power and quick-access buttons.
3. Brother P-touch Labeler
This home and office labeler offers easy and quick operation courtesy of the one-touch keys. Accessing the patterns, templates, font and symbols requires a simple press of a button.
The builtin memory which can store as many as 30 labels also saves you from having to redesign a new template. Known for producing professional labels, this unit runs via an AC adapter or AAA batteries.
2. DYMO Label Manager
As suggested by its name, the labelManager by DYMO gives you full control on printing labels. The handheld device can be connected to PCs or Macs for better editing and is said to be 50 times faster than similar items.
It is powered by rechargeable battery pack that makes it ideal for printing from any location and works with thermal labels and split-back D1 tape.
1. DYMO, LabelManager 160 Label Maker
Freedom to print normal and personalized labels is guaranteed with the DYMO LabelManager 160. The handheld unit comes with a functional QWERTY keyboard for easy and quick typing, editing and printing.
It’s perfect for high-resolution labels, tags, stickers, addresses and more. Coming with more than 200 symbols, 6 font sizes and 8 text styles, the printer allows you to personalize the labels.
There you go our list of the top 10 label makers in 2019. The reviewed items not only score-highly in regard to portability, reliability, screen resolution, display and user-friendly keyboard but also receive lots of positive reviews from buyers.
Furthermore, they feature as the top-rated items on Amazon. Following the above review on the 10 best label makers for 2018 gives you more information on the top products and also contributes to you enjoying maximum satisfaction.