While the traditional way of poaching eggs by boiling water in a pot or pan works, more and more people are opting for an egg poacher instead. People come for the egg poacher for some reasons.
Firstly, it doesn’t require lots of equipment such as pots, pans or heating device. All you need is the poacher, water, and a heating device like a microwave which also space-saving. Secondly, it’s made from materials such as plastic, silicone or ceramic which are non-stick and can be cleaned easily. Lastly, this accessory is light, compact and easy to carry around or store.
To shed more light on the top products as well as assist you in making a wiser choice, we have reviewed the top 10 best microwave egg poachers for this year. But before proceeding, let’s have a look at the essential features.
Finding a Good Egg Poacher
Finding an egg poacher is much easier than ascertaining if the chosen item will serve you right. The last thing you would wish for is a device that doesn’t cook evenly, makes eggs explode too often; the lid doesn’t close tightly, or eggs stick on the surface. You can minimize the above negatives by choosing the best product. Some of the most important features are as follows:
- Size: You should choose an egg poacher depending on your needs. A single person will find a type with 2 slots more appropriate whereas a large family will opt for a 4-piece egg poacher.
- Material: Plastic, ceramic, aluminum, stainless steel, and silicone are some of the materials used to make this cooking device. Aluminum and stainless steel are strong, ceramic is durable and cooks evenly, while plastic and silicone is light, compact and have the best nonstick surface.
- Design: A good item will come in a decent shape to conveniently accommodate different egg sizes. The lid will also close tightly to prevent spillage or creating a mess.
- Nonstick surface: To make cleaning easy and also minimize staining or ruining the inner surface, the best egg poachers come with a nonstick surface.
Best Microwave Egg Poachers in 2018
- 10. Gourmet2day, Microwave Egg Cooker
- 9. Progressive, Microwavable Four Egg Poacher
- 8. Norpro, Silicone Microwave Double Egg Poacher
- 7. Bangcool, Microwave Egg Boiler/Poacher
- 6. My Cozy Home, Egg Poacher Cups
- 5. KITZINI, Silicone Egg Poacher Cups
- 4. Fusionbrands, PoachPod Ceramic Floating Egg Poacher
- 3. Cooks Standard, Anodize Egg Poacher
- 2. Chef Buddy, Microwave Egg Cooker
- 1. Nordic, Ware Microwave Egg Poacher
10. Gourmet2day, Microwave Egg Cooker
Preparing poached eggs is convenient with this cooker from Gourmet2day. It comes in a small and compact size that can hold 2 eggs and is also easy to travel with. The cooker can be used with any microwave to produce poached, scrambled or fluffy eggs. And for easy cleaning and minimal staining, it features a nonstick surface.
A recipe eBook is included as a bonus. Consumers like it for its decent size, easy to use, and very portable.
9. Progressive, Microwavable Four Egg Poacher
This four egg poacher by Progressive is suitable for individuals as well as large families. It’s made out of a nonstick material and is also easy to clean.
This egg poacher is round shaped and produces quality eggs especially for sandwiches. Other than using hands, the accessory can also be washed in a dishwasher. Its key advantages are fast cooking, works well and solid construction. Unfortunately, the lid isn’t very secure.
8. Norpro, Silicone Microwave Double Egg Poacher
Measuring 8.25 inches, the egg poacher from Norpro can accommodate 2 eggs at once. It’s made from silicone and can resist heat up to 325 deg C/425 F.
It comes with a lid that helps retain the internal temperature as well as releasing excess steam. For easy viewing, the lid comes in clear material. Some of its positives include dishwasher safe, fast cooking, and well-built. However, some users say the lid doesn’t close tightly and tends to sag a bit.
7. Bangcool, Microwave Egg Boiler/Poacher
With the Bangcool microwave egg boiler, you will be able to produce well-poached eggs in less than 10 minutes. It features a flat aluminum heating plate and a plastic interior for poaching the eggs.
Rated at 500-600 W, the boiler can produce soft, medium and hard-boiled eggs. Other than quick cooking and sleek design, this item is liked because of its sturdiness and easy cleaning.
6. My Cozy Home, Egg Poacher Cups
My Cozy Home egg poacher comes in form of cups and is made from BPA-free silicone. The FDA-approved unit works with stovetops and microwaves and has a maximum temperature of 357 Deg C/ 675 deg F.
The egg poacher is dishwasher safe while the eggs don’t stick on its surface, and is hygienic and safe (No BPA or PFOA). Some are drawn by its colorful and bright nature.
5. KITZINI, Silicone Egg Poacher Cups
The KITZINI Silicone egg poacher can accommodate up to 4 eggs at once. It can be used with a microwave or over a stovetop and can tolerate heat up to 440 degrees F.
It’s made from BPA-free silicone that enhances safety while the nonstick surface makes cleaning simple. The egg poacher can be washed by hand or dishwasher and comes with free recipes with every purchase. Spraying some water on the surface of the egg poacher in case there some eggs stick to them.
4. Fusionbrands, PoachPod Ceramic Floating Egg Poacher
This ceramic floating egg poacher by FusionBrands comes in a set of 2. It features the patented PoachPad that that produces better eggs with minimal contact with the heating device.
It’s made of sturdy 18/8 stainless steel that has been coated with ceramic. This ensures proper heat distribution while the silicone finger grips protect your hands from the heat. Reasons to go for this product include; BPA-free, PTFE & PFOA-free, dishwasher safe, and speedy heating.
3. Cooks Standard, Anodize Egg Poacher
The Cooks Standard Anodize egg poacher measures 8 inches and is made from stainless steel and anodized aluminum. It has good heat retention and distribution properties and evenly cooks without burning eggs.
This is improved by the nonstick surface and the clear tempered glass lid. It comes with a solid handle that is riveted on its side for good support. The key merits include dishwasher safe, oven safe, excellent cooking, and work with gas, electric, hot plate and halogen cooker.
2. Chef Buddy, Microwave Egg Cooker
Poaching one or two eggs is easy with this egg cooker by Chef Buddy. It’s made from heavy-duty polypropylene and is designed for use with a microwave.
The handy lid keeps the content intact and also allows for steam to escape. The cooker is sturdy to withstand frequent use, high heat and regular washing by hand or with a dishwasher.
1. Nordic, Ware Microwave Egg Poacher
Coming with 2 cavities, the Nordic Ware can accommodate 2 eggs and works with a microwave. It is made in the US and is known for its quickness and will deliver well-done eggs in a few minutes.
It’s well made to withstand the dishwasher and comes with a nonstick surface. The unit is also appreciated for its ingenious design and simplicity.
Comparing the different egg poachers and finally settling for a specific product isn’t an easy task. This is why many people prefer relying on reviews that not only guide them but also summarize the best items on the market.