Spice grinders have become common in the modern kitchen. They allow you to grind spices and herbs to your liking and also guarantee you of highest quality and hygiene. You have the option of choosing a hand-operated/manual device or electric-powered. While having different products in the market increases consumer options, it unfortunately makes choosing a particular product a challenge.
A large and powerful type may make easy work on large volumes, but it may not be very suitable for a single user or small home. A hand-driven type may be cheap and simple but requires more effort than an electric spice grinder. Reviews on the 10 best spice grinders help to narrow down on the top choices. Nonetheless, it also helps to know what features to look at.
Which Spice Grinder Is Right For You?
To have the best experience with a spice grinder, it pays to give the following aspects utmost attention:
- Need at hand: While a person who rarely uses a spice grinder can get away with a simple hand grinder, a user with high demands will require a heavy-duty type than runs on electricity.
- Versatility: Basic grinders are fit for light items such as chili, pepper and salt. However, if you plan to mill nuts, coffee beans or grains, you need a powerful and sturdy product.
- Power Usage: Powerful grinders normally require more wattage than simple types and this may also translate to higher energy consumption. Hand grinders don’t require any electricity but need more human effort.
- Portability: A good grinder should be compact, light and easy to carry and store. Good types will feature a discrete location for the power cord.
- Maintenance: It’s advisable to go for products that are simple and easy to use. They will come with fewer removable parts for better cleaning.
Best Spice Grinders in 2019
- 10. Waring Commercial WSG30 Commercial Electric Spice Grinder
- 9. Aicok Coffee & Spice Grinder Stainless Steel Blades, Silver
- 8. Chefman Coffee Grinder Electric Mill Powerful 250 Watt
- 7. KitchenAid BCG211OB Blade Onyx Black Coffee and Spice Grinder
- 6. KRUPS GX4100 Spice Grinder
- 5. Cuisinart SG-10 Spice Grinder
- 4. Secura Spice grinder
- 3. Platinum Spice Grinder
- 2. Golden Gate Grinder
- 1. KRUPS F203 Spice 7 coffee Grinder
10. Waring Commercial WSG30 Commercial Electric Spice GrinderGet it now on Amazon.com
This electric spice grinder contains a high-grade engine with about 19,000 rpm. Its housing is made with brushed stainless steel to ensure more safety. It is easy to use and ensure you get fine grinds. It does the Grinding within a short time. It is an efficient tool that measures your preferred grind consistency. It has three fully removable grinding bowls that have storage lids.
The blades are made with durable stainless steel that maximizes the engine efficiency. It comes with 1-year warranty.
9. Aicok Coffee & Spice Grinder Stainless Steel Blades, SilverGet it now on Amazon.com
This spice grinder provide great grinding results making it perfect for grinding nuts, salt, coffee beans etc. It is perfect for coffee lovers. The blades and bowl are made of stainless steel making it strong, long-lasting and BPA free. It will work with just press of a button and will grind the coffee much easier and safer. It has a transparent cover that will enable you to observe how the grind is going on.
This coffee grinder has a large capacity and can produce 12 cups of coffee within 20 seconds. It also comes with a two-year quality guarantee.
8. Chefman Coffee Grinder Electric Mill Powerful 250 WattGet it now on Amazon.com
If you are a coffee lover, you can get the best tasting coffee when you have this Spice grinder, with at home accommodation. Its great design highlights take the hassle out from crushing your own particular coffee; it has a 250 Watt engine that conveys an even and consistent grind without fail. It does not get any more exact than this! Its capacity holds up to 2.5 oz. of coffee grains hence you can make naturally brewed coffee for the entire family.
Its Stainless steel pounding blade and cup is dishwasher safe, making it very simple to clean. It has safety lock that prevents the operation when lid is open for more security.
7. KitchenAid BCG211OB Blade Onyx Black Coffee and Spice GrinderGet it now on Amazon.com
With this spice grinder, you will love its performance from your household. You are only required to push the button down and it will start grinding and stops when you release it. It provides powerful performance and it is durable. It will quickly grind the coffee beans and it will make twelve cups of coffee.
It is marked inside for you to know the quantity of coffee beans required to make the number of coffee cups. Its bowl lifts out, thus it will be simple to move the grinds on the coffee maker. The grinding bowls are made with stainless steel spice and improved blade design
6. KRUPS GX4100 Spice GrinderGet it now on Amazon.com
This electric grinder will turn your chilies, herbs, coffee and other products into powder in no time. Thanks to the powerful built-in motor and stainless steel blades, this accessory produces very fine powder.
To ensure no powder escapes from inside the container it features brushed stainless steel housing and safety-lock lid. And to give you high quality and fine spice the spice grinder also features pulse action button. It’s however doesn’t work very well with very small volumes.
5. Cuisinart SG-10 Spice GrinderGet it now on Amazon.com
The Cuisinart SG-10 is effective for spices and herbs and runs via electricity. The powerful electric motor is linked to fast spinning stainless steel blades for the finest ground spice powder or pepper.
It comes with a 90 gram capacity bowl, non-slip rubber feet and the push-top lid and user-friendly on/off button. Some consumers however claim the lid isn’t very secure and some powder may escape.
4. Secura Spice grinderGet it now on Amazon.com
Grinding spices, herbs, nuts, vegetables and coffee into fine powder is made easier with the Secura grinder. This electric appliance consists of a powerful 120-volt motor, stainless steel container and stainless steel blade. To protect it from overheating and extend the motor’s life, the grinder comes with built-in smart protection.
Other features include On/Off switch, safety-lock lid and cord wrap base. Nonetheless, there have been complains that the grinder doesn’t produce extra fine coffee powder.
3. Platinum Spice GrinderGet it now on Amazon.com
This large spice grinder is made from aircraft-grade aluminum and consists of 4 pieces and pollen catcher. It uses diamond cutting teeth to turn whole coffee beans, herbs and spice into fine powder while the powerful neodynalium magnets ensure the aroma and flavor remains intact. This is boosted by the stainless steel mesh screen filter.
Unfortunately, the finely ground end product may be a bit difficult to collect in case it spills.
2. Golden Gate GrinderGet it now on Amazon.com
This 4-piece spice and herb grinder measures approximately 2.5 inches and is made from anodized aluminum. The precision milled device features ultra sharp teeth that will effortlessly turn herbs, spices, nuts, coffee beans and other objects into powder.
It includes thin poly O-rings that ensure seamless grinding while the neodymium magnets conserve the freshness and scent. The grinder unfortunately doesn’t produce extra fine powder.
1. KRUPS F203 Spice 7 coffee GrinderGet it now on Amazon.com
Turn your pepper, coffee beans, grains, spices and herbs into fine powder with the KRUPS F203 electric grinder. The 3-ounce unit comes in oval shape and depends on a strong electric motor and stainless steel blades.
Despite its fast performance, the unit is fairly silent and can produce as many as 12 cups of finely-ground coffee within minutes. The only issue is that it is tad bit bulky.
Making fine powder from your spices, herbs, coffee and other products begins by investing in a top spice grinder. This has been simplified for you through the above review that summarizes the top products on offer.
In addition to their simplicity, easy maintenance and versatility, the above spice grinders are also elegant and portable. With proper handling and maintenance you are certain to enjoy long-lasting service. Follow the 10 best spice grinders in 2019 review and turn the pepper, nuts, corn, salt, coffee and other products into fine powder.