The trash can is one of the most overlooked accessories in the home. However, its role in creating the right environment is unmatched. For instance, imagine having to throw your garbage or litter is something else other than the trash bin, or putting up with the offending smell simply because you are using an accessory that lacks a proper lid? These are but a few reasons that make the trash can very important. Nonetheless, like any other products, not every item will suit you right. Some will be made from cheap and easy-to-break materials, others may be a bit small or too large, while some cans may not be easy to open or close. You can find a good accessory by following this review on the top 10 best trash cans in 2019.
Nonetheless, like any other products, not every item will suit you right. Some will be made from cheap and easy-to-break materials, others may be a bit small or too large, while some cans may not be easy to open or close. You can find a good accessory by following this review on the top 10 best trash cans in 2019.
Finding the Right Trash Can
To own a good trash can, you need to put the following things in mind:
- Durability: due to constant use, being banged and knocked often, being left out in the open or attacks from animals, a good bin should be built from strong materials. Common choices include stainless steel and heavy-duty plastic.
- Animal-Proof: Garbage attracts many animals including cats, raccoons, opossums, and grizzly bears. The right bin won’t be opened by animals and will remain intact without spilling the contents when knocked down. Also, the animals will be unable to bite, claw or chew it.
- User-friendly: opening and closing the lid should be easy for human beings. It should also come in an easy to carry design that features friendly handles. Modern types come with sensors that automatically open the lid when sensing a person.
- Odor control: Top types will contain the smell in any weather (cold or hot). Other than creating a friendly environment, animals won’t be attracted to the can.
- Capacity: The can should be suited to your needs. An individual or two people who are rarely at home will require a trash bin with a smaller capacity compared to a large family or restaurant.
Other important issues local regulations, design, stability, individual preference and alternative uses.
Best Trash Cans in 2019
- 10. H+LUX Fortune Candy Trash Can
- 9. Giantex Touchless Automatic Trash Can
- 8. Brelso ‘Invisi-Overlap’ Trash Can
- 7. Simplehuman Semi-Round Trash Can
- 6. Simplehuman Rectangular Dual Compartment Trashcan
- 5. Nine Stars DZT-80-4 Infrared Trash Can
- 4. Rubbermaid Wastebasket Trash Can
- 3. Simplehuman Slim Step Trash Can
- 2. Nine Stars DZT-50-9 Infrared Trashcan
- 1. iTouchless Deodorizer Automatic Trash Can
10. H+LUX Fortune Candy Trash Can
H+LUX is offering this Fortune candy trash can. It’s made from carbon steel, PP plastic and can accommodate up to 5 liters or 1.3 gallons of trash. This makes it fit for the bedroom, kid’s room, bathroom, small office, kitchen and other places. It comes with a removable inner wastebasket, step pedal, and lid shox slow-closing technology.
To maintain its elegance and cleanliness, it comes with an anti-fingerprint finish. The opening pedal is quite durable; it isn’t affected by rust or corrosion, doesn’t emit noise and is made from environmental-safe materials. However, it’s a small bin and not fit for large offices, restaurants, or homes with many people.
9. Giantex Touchless Automatic Trash Can
Build from quality stainless steel, this 13.2-gallon trash can by Giantex is worth buying for a number of reasons. One, it offers you a touch-free experience courtesy of the infrared sensors. Two, it can fit in small spaces thanks to its decent dimensions of 14 x 26 inches. Three, it doesn’t corrode or rust because of the stainless steel construction.
Last but not least, it can handle banging, knocks and regular use quite well. Unfortunately, it doesn’t come with batteries and it’s not very effective for heavy-duty usages like in a large hotel or restaurant.
8. Brelso ‘Invisi-Overlap’ Trash Can
The Brelso “Invisi-Overlap’ trash can is fit for offices, hotel rooms, condos, and homes. It’s made from stainless steel and comes in an oval shape. The accessory features colored finish for extra flare and slim design that makes it suitable for tight spaces.
To keep the garbage bag discreet, it features a removable exterior overlap. Its strong points include stylish and trendy design, well-built and long-lasting. Being a bit small and ripping the bags are its known negatives.
7. Simplehuman Semi-Round Trash Can
Your search for a stylish, functional and user-friendly trash can should end when you acquire this semi-round can by Simplehuman. Made from stainless steel and featuring rose gold color, this accessory has an 11.8 Gal/ 45-liter capacity. It relies on motion sensors to open the lid and closes slowly to prevent banging and damage.
The smart bin adapts to the environment and features innovative liner pockets for improved storage and disposal. Its key pros include strong construction courtesy of the double-seam construction, sturdy plastic that doesn’t tear easily, great sensors, and quiet operation. Its cons are the weak motor and the battery seems to die within a short time.
6. Simplehuman Rectangular Dual Compartment Trashcan
Coming in a rectangular shape, this trash bin by Simplehuman can accommodate up to 15.3 gallons/ 58 liters of trash. It’s made from strong stainless steel and is golden in color. The unit comes with two compartments and the lid is opened via a step-on lever.
Similar to other cans from the manufacturer, this one also features the slow-closing and silent Lid Shox technology. It comes with liner pocket and stainless steel grips. People love this product because it’s well-built, attractive, smooth operation, and is long-lasting.
5. Nine Stars DZT-80-4 Infrared Trash Can
Opening the trash can without touching the lid is easy with the DZT-80-4 can from Nine Stars. The 21-gallon bin is crafted from stainless steel and comes in sleek and trendy design. To offer the hands-free experience, the built-in motion sensors will open the lid without requiring any contact.
It later closes slowly to avoid damaging the can’s surface. Some of its advantages include good odor-sealing, decent capacity, and airtight. Its disadvantages are that the batteries drain fast and the sensor may become finicky after long-term use.
4. Rubbermaid Wastebasket Trash Can
Popular for homes, offices, and institutions, the Rubbermaid Wastebasket trash can comes with a capacity of 13 gallons. It features an innovative step-on mechanism that allows the lid to remain open without having to continue pressing the step opener. It also closes slowly without the lid banging on the can.
It’s loved by many users because of its durability, space-saving design, noise-free and seamless operation. Unfortunately, some consumers claim that the plastic isn’t that strong and the design isn’t very appealing.
3. Simplehuman Slim Step Trash Can
This black plastic trash can by Simplehuman is suitable for residential and commercial uses. It measures 19.2 x 10.2 x 25.2 inches and has a capacity of 10.6 gallons/ 40 liters. The unit comes in a simple and space-saving design and also includes wheels for easy movement. To minimize banging or too much noise, it features Lid shox technology.
Reasons that make it a good choice include its 5-year warranty, durable plastic, solid construction and space-saving design. Some people, however, shy away from it because it’s a bit too tall and the wheels lack stoppers.
2. Nine Stars DZT-50-9 Infrared Trashcan
This Touchless trash can by Nine Stars is not only well-built, elegant, and functional but also user-friendly. It’s built from 100% commercial-grade stainless steel, has a 13-gallon capacity, and opens via infrared sensor. However, you can still keep it open or closed by using the built on On/Off button.
The unit measures approximately 11.37 x 16.10 x 25.31 inches and is powered using 4 C batteries. The brushed steel surface doesn’t leave any fingerprint marks and is also easy to operate. However, the lid isn’t very well-designed and some people say the motor dies out sooner than later.
1. iTouchless Deodorizer Automatic Trash Can
The iTouchless Deodorizer Automatic trash can is constructed from stainless steel and comes with a 13 gallon/ 49-liter capacity. It’s a good choice for homes, schools, hospitals, offices, care facilities and other places. The can boasts of No-touch lid and will open when the sensor senses a person. It will later close smoothly and without banging courtesy of the exclusive Reflx technology.
For easy removal of trash, it features air vents in the base and is powered by either an AC adapter or four D batteries. While it’s liked for its smooth operation, stability, and attractive design, this trash can is not cheap and opens a bit too slow.
The value of trash cans can’t be underestimated. This piece of equipment helps store garbage in a more convenient, safer, and environmentally-friendly manner. It also traps in the odor and this minimizes the odds of animals getting attracted.
In this review, we have looked at the most important aspects. These include durability, design, construction, user-friendly, odor control, capacity. We believe that any of these products will go a long way in creating a conducive and healthy environment.