The love affair with lifting belts develops once you get serious about lifting weights. These belts are designed to wrap around the abdomen limiting how far out your gut will expand after you lift. This restriction causes pressure and helps stabilize the spine and the inner core.
These accessories are also a second set of abs and are ideal for workouts like back squats, deadlift, power cleans, cleans and jerks and many more. Even then, all training belts are not made equal, and we understand that there are precautions when making a purchase. So we have researched the best weightlifting belts and outlined it in the review below.
Factors to Consider Before Buying Weightlifting Belts
- Size: You may want to consider a broader strap for added back support. Ensure the size you choose to buy does not restrict your movement and which will affect your clean or snatch movements. It should fit comfortably but not too tight.
- Price: Pricing can matter as some weight lifting belts are incredibly overpriced and are not worth spending money on. The ideal belt need not cost a lot of money but offer decent support and stability. Pricing can vary, and there are several different types to choose from.
- Material: A belt is worn for its stability, which is why you need a rigid level of spine support while also allowing you to perform a full complement of Crossfit or ply type moves. Leather belts are more durable and more rigid compared to their nylon counterparts. Make sure the belt is of great design and quality material that conforms to your body.
- Design and Color: You may prefer Intuitive fastening systems allows for easy on-off and secure cinching and a buckle side of the belt that is not rough to hit your rib cage when doing workouts. If your pick comes with Velcro support strap, it should be firm and reliable and allows you to adjust the tightness for leg and core body exercises and holding on until you finish your workouts.
Best Weight Lifting Belts in 2019
- 10. ProFitness- Powerlifting and Weight Lifting Belt for Women & Men
- 9. Element 26’s Self-Locking Weight Lifting Belt
- 8. Stoic Weight Lifting Belt, 4 Inches Wide
- 7. Harbinger Weightlifting Belt
- 6. Harbinger Women’s Nylon Weightlifting Belt
- 5. Dark Iron Fitness’ Leather Weightlifting Dip Belt
- 4. ProFitness Genuine Leather Workout Belt
- 3. Harbinger Padded Leather Weightlifting Belt
- 2. Fire Team Fit Weightlifting Belt
- 1. Dark Iron Fitness’ Genuine Leather Pro Weightlifting Belt
10. ProFitness- Powerlifting and Weight Lifting Belt for Women & Men
By: ProFitnessGet it now on Amazon.com
The ProFitness- Powerlifting weightlifting belt is multipurpose and used for all chin-ups, dipping, pull-ups as well as heavy lifting. It is efficient, fast and easy to use and you can also adjust it if need be. Other than that, it is made with heavy duty 100 percent genuine leather that makes it durable and comfortable to use. The belt is 10mm thick and 4 inches wide making it ideal for intense cross-training, bodybuilding, weight lifting, strongman and heavy powerlifting.
The belt is designed for professionals giving you ultimate workout experience while enhancing your weightlifting capabilities and strength. You need to measure your Belly Circumference for you to correct the right size.
9. Element 26’s Self-Locking Weight Lifting Belt
By: Element 26Get it now on Amazon.com
Starting us off is this incredible piece of Element 26. It is the choice of many in the market because of its quality. This lightweight weightlifting belt is made from 100% premium nylon that is durable and robust meaning this accessory will serve you longer and better than you expect.
The self-locking buckle is useful in ensuring a high degree of support for both your lumbar region and your abdomen by letting you set the right pressure for every lift. The manufacturer offers a Lifetime warranty for the doubting Thomases. It is an excellent beginner belt for users who are just starting out with their strength training routine.
8. Stoic Weight Lifting Belt, 4 Inches Wide
This product is the perfect balance between comfort and support for a regular gym user. It features a user-friendly design, complete with thick and sturdy parts that not cheaply-made at all. Vegetable tanned, full-grain sole leather has been paired with smooth suede inner using a thick nylon stitching to give you a lifting belt that is amazingly strong and long-lasting, yet it also remains soft.
The belt stays tight thanks to the ultra-heavy buckle and comes with the logo beautifully embossed on it. It is 4” wide through the back region ensuring it provides full support to your lumbar area for heavy weightlifting, powerlifting, and other workouts. It is excellent if you have been around for a while.
See also: Top 10 Best Sport Watches in 2019
7. Harbinger Weightlifting Belt
The sturdy construction, the unmatched support and the apparent ease of use will still put this weightlifting belt on top of the competition. It features a thick yet flexible, lightweight closed cell foam core which not only offers maximum support and guidance but also generates muscle warmth in the lumbar area. This foam is enclosed in abrasion resistant fabric which has been made stringent to ensure absolute zero pilling and fraying.
The training belt is 5-inch wide with a 3-inch wide strap This offering also adds a heavy gauge steel roller buckles that eases tension and ensures the right fit. The inner is covered with soft tricot lining, so it is smooth and cozy on your skin.
6. Harbinger Women’s Nylon Weightlifting Belt
Harbinger makes a return to our best, allowing you to save money without compromising strength with this weightlifting belt. The nylon belt is quite a catch, offering 5-inches of back support with a tricot lining interior to protect the lumbar region from the heavy pressure of heavy lifts and squatting. The foam core is known to provide unbeatable posterior support and will not limit mobility in any form of power based movements.
The fastening system is by way of a heavy gauge steel buckle that ensures quick and easy adjustments during big lifts or heavy squats. Three sizes are available; XS (24″ – 28″), S (28″ – 32″) and M (32″ – 36″). Made specifically for female weightlifting, it offers great support and fit for the price.
5. Dark Iron Fitness’ Leather Weightlifting Dip Belt
By: Dark Iron FitnessGet it now on Amazon.com
This capable unit is also in hot contention for the best weightlifting belt. It is one of the best-app raised items in this class with functional selling features including the sturdy and durable 100% leather construction that works well and feels like it should last for a long time. Attached are heavy duty metal buckle and adjustment strap to keep you strapped in while you’re under a load providing the most secure of fits.
The belt has a built-in lightweight pillow-like padding for comfort and warmth, isn’t that cool while you’re wearing your belt all day? The adviser assures that this piece can withstand up to 270 lbs with the 40-inch heavy duty strap so you can be sure of a decent level of torso support.
4. ProFitness Genuine Leather Workout Belt
How thoughtful of the company to introduce this amazing unisex training belt? And they mean it when they say that the ProFitness leather belt is a top-rated weightlifting belt. The 4″ thick leather has been created so that you get ample back and abdominal support with this unit, so you don’t need to worry about back injuries.
The fastening system is by way of a sturdy buckle. This makes for a fast, reliable way to get the belt on and off. The sizes available are S (23″-31″), M (32″-40″) and L (41″-49″) and red and white color options. Buyers can attest that the company delivers as it promises with the 60-day money back guarantee.
3. Harbinger Padded Leather Weightlifting Belt
This weight lifting belt is one of the most sought-after in this list with weightlifter applauding its unfailing support and durability. Created from 6-inch wide leather, the belt is padded and double-stitched to provide extra rigidity and strength, while the interior form-cushioning also serves as a sweat-wicking and moisture resistant measure. The extra-wide dimension is effective in optimal protection of your entire core, with a focus on the lumbar region and the leather has never been stiff even when brand new meaning it won’t limit your flexibility.
If this is not enough, a heavy duty prong steel roller buckle provides a secure enclosure keeping you strapped in while you’re under a load. The Harbinger produces a 4-inch leather belt to protect the lower back and abdomen during heavy lifting and a 6-inch padded leather belt to give even more coverage for larger frames and greater stability. This is another worthy purchase as well.
2. Fire Team Fit Weightlifting Belt
By: Fire Team FitGet it now on Amazon.com
At a close second is the Fire Team Fit weightlifting belt that is equipped with edge cutting features. Its genius lies in its stylish outline which mixes merely with most attire’s stylistic layout, while its strong development will guarantee strength and sturdiness for a considerable length of time.
The contoured design is to ensure it fits the shape of the user’s body. You can choose to buy a black, blue, grey, pink or camo colors. It is praised for secure back support while powerlifting and weightlifting and experts say it’s reliable and accurate, so there’s no second-guessing.
1. Dark Iron Fitness’ Genuine Leather Pro Weightlifting Belt
By: Dark Iron Fitness
The Dark Iron Fitness belt scored high above the weight lifting belts we researched and is our top pick. Firstly, it is made from durable leather, a material which has gained favor from many manufacturers and professional weightlifters alike. The 4” wide leather pays dividends with decades of consistent support to your back, abs, and entire core so you can lift more without straining the spine or back.
We also particularly like the attention to detail on this one; it is stitched using a conspicuous red thread that compliments the beauty of the black leather. It is the only weightlifting belt that you will ever need to support your abdomen and lower back, improving your stability and lifting power and preventing injuries.
No need to hold back or hesitate when you know you have the support you need. Get yourself one of these top choices out on the market today so you will be able to lift more weight, and provide your spine with additional support making it more stable under heavy load.
You’ll be sure to comfortably squat, deadlift, and perform overhead and heavyweight power moves with more strength and more safely.