There are various reasons to possess a solar generator, but above all the other reasons; there is the main one which is to supply energy during emergencies as a backup. Solar generators are much popular in eco-friendly circles, though their complexity normally poses a challenge to comprehend them.
Factors to put into Consideration when purchasing a Solar Generator:
A solar generator unit is theoretically packed with three key elements — a portable design, power storage and solar unit. There are numerous kinds of solar generators available in the market but here are the key factors you are supposed to consider when purchasing or choosing one.
- Compactness and portability (Shape, Size, and Weight): Possibly not the most vital factors to put into consideration for some, but a solar generator’s shape, weight, and size matter where you purpose to make use of it. For those who purpose to go camping or hiking, then select a system that is lightweight. A large number of solar generator applications need a high degree of portability that is the real value of a solar generating power unit. So, it’s wise to consider to the weight.
As far as the shape is concerned, solar generators features several shapes. Several are easily stashed away and fold-able while others come in heavier boxes and as well as on wheels for portability
- Charging Times: Sometimes this factor is frequently ignored but the quantity of time taken to charge the unit is something to contemplate. So, check on the unit’s charging duration and do a thorough comparison between when retained under direct sunlight and when fixed into a main socket outlet.
- Battery Storage Capacity: The battery storage capacity of solar generator is the most noteworthy factor as long as the actual device usability is concerned. The battery storage simply means the allowable quantity of power consumed at night or the time when energy requirements surpass the quantity of solar unit power input.
By understanding solar unit usable watt-hours, it can help you determine the time required to run particular applications. it’s suggested, conversely, to just utilize 70% of the filled capacity of ordinary lead acid batteries so as to reduce the failures and reserve life span.
- Solar PV Input: The PV of a solar input is used to power a solar system. With adequate PV of a solar input, it gives constant power throughout the day and slightly low charge boosting the night usage.
Of course, a solar generator can allow for the unit tracking that is the capability of moving your solar panels so as to capture the ultimate solar input.
- Sound: Noiseless solar generators are the best option because the fuel generates normally produce irritating noise. Hence, it’s significant to select a system with low level decibel.
- Price: The price of solar-powered units is also a significant factor to consider. It is advisable to prepare your budget and decide on your power requirements. Moreover, solar powered generator should be treated as an investment.
Best Solar Generator Kit in 2019
7. Nature PowerPak Portable Solar Generator 40413 1800-Watt Emergency KitCheck price on Amazon
This backup power generator does not incur cost of fuel. It is also an environmentally friendly.
Its generator can be initiated very fast as long as, the appliances plugging is conducted. The Nature PowerPak backup Solar Generator normally runs both DC & AC device, without producing fumes or noise. There is no fuel and maintenance needed! Equipped with a wrapped lead acid deep that features 80 cycles Ampere hour battery is enclosed in a heavyweight outer cover, and maintenance free. This system provides an electricity of 1800 watts of perfect power. Has a continuous power of 1440 watts and 3600 watts surge.
It generates pure power of 1800-Watts; comprises 6x 12V DC outlet, 120V AC outlets, and dual USB ports noiseless running, no fumes and no fuel needed. The digital display indicates available power Recharge power and source options: PowerPak Via 100-Wall or via the incorporated AC outlet Solar systems. The solar panel using Auxiliary battery box features: 3x 100-Watt, 2x 80Ah aux batteries, 1800W PowerPak solar panel responsible for portable power; solar battery maintainer of 1.5W whenever the generator is OFF; and gear style handcart to move the generator anywhere
- Digital display indicates available power and power source
- Provides pure power of 1800-Watts
- Silent running
- Luggage elegance handcart to move generator anywhere
- No fumes emitted and no fuel needed
6. Goal Zero Solar Generator Kit Yeti 400 Lithium Solar PanelCheck price on Amazon
The display panel on the front surface offers details of 20% increments of battery status, outgoing and incoming power. With real-time feedback allows exact power management. The unit provides an output array options for particular energy required. It features four regular USB ports, 2 typical 110 VAC fixed wall plugs, a 0.6cm 12 VDC port, and a 12 VDC motor vehicle cigarette lighter-style outlet. The battery replacement can be easily done at the life cycle of 500-charge at the end.
It collects free solar power that is renewable and stores it for small appliances consumption and for running electronics with the Goal Zero Solar Generator Kit Yeti 400 Lithium Solar Panel with Boulder 100 Briefcase. It is 50-watt panels that incorporates briefcase hinged which is crafted using weather-resistant strengthened glass and features handle for easy portability. The Yeti features USB ports, wall-style, 12 VDC ports and pure-sine AC outlets- so if the grid is down or off the grid, you will still make use of the power you required for electricity-dependent requirements.
- Has 3000-watt AC surge and 425Wh capacity
- four USB ports
- One 12 VDC socket vehicle cigarette-lighter style
- Two AC outlets
- Charge by solar or AC power (25 hours)
- Portable at 45.6 pounds and 10.1 by 15.3 by 10.4″
- Real-time custom display
5. Goal Zero Solar Generator Kit Yeti 1000 Lithium Solar PanelCheck price on Amazon
From power tools, refrigerators, laptops down to lights, run all your appliance with the quiet and clean Goal Zero Solar Generator Kit Yeti 1000 Lithium Solar Panel with Boulder 100 Briefcase Intended to be the utmost innovative and versatile power station, the Yeti 1000 from Goal Zero incorporates 1500W AC inverter patent-pending crafted to handle any task, both out and indoors.
It features no more fumes- just put, no more gasoline and no more extended cords, the Portable Solar Generator generates and outputs reliable power just by button push so you can enjoy power anywhere.
- Real-time detailing display
- Excellent supply of emergency power source
- 2.4A USB ports
- Rechargeable with no noise
4. ACOPOWER UV11007GD Foldable 100W Solar Panel Kit
Check price on Amazon
ACOPOWER UV11007GD Foldable solar generator kit has a rather interesting design. With its single crystal panel provides the highest efficiency and has brilliant performance even in low light. Generally, this kit has two pieces of foldable monocrystalline solar panels that work as a generator ready kit or battery ready kit or both. Whenever you require it, you just need to unfold it and start using.
Setting up these solar panels is very simple and comes with pre-installed stands. In addition to that, it measures 19.69 x 25.6 x2.9 inches and weighs 33.1lb making it lightweight and portable. The aluminum frame is rust resistant thus it’s going serve you for a long time.
- Fast charging of the batteries
- Aluminum frame for lightweight and solid structure
- Portable and Easy Setup
- Measures 19.69 x 25.6 x2.9 inches
- 2 pieces with are foldable
3. ACOPOWER 120W Portable 12V Foldable Solar Panel
Check price on Amazon
ACOPOWER 120W solar power charger kit is an affordable choice for people who need power on the go. Comes with everything required and setting it up is very simple taking only a couple of minutes. Ideally, this Foldable Solar panel only weights 8.4 lbs. and comes with a pocket for holding accessories.
This kit likewise includes alligator clamps cables, removable MC4 connector cables 10A LCD charge controller and user manual. The panels are good in terms of size. You can simply carry the charger when going camping or hiking. This model can provide the power of 12V with a conversion efficiency of up to 25%.
- Portable and lightweight
- Includes removable MC4 connector cables
- Measures 22 x17.5 x1.2 In
- Easy to use
- Highly versatile
2. Renogy Phoenix All-in-one Solar Kit Portable GeneratorCheck price on Amazon
With the Phoenix solar Generator, your power needs should not be compromise while spending great moment outdoors! Enjoy yourself to the fullest in the worlds with portable power kit designed by Renogy. However, phoenix features all-in-one portable power solar units specifically designed for off-grid applications, mobile, and is great for emergencies. This lightweight, compact back-up unit combines dual highly resourceful Monocrystalline Solar units Renogy 10W and can enlarged to about 120 watts with added PVs.
The car power, AC power or solar can be used to charge Phoenix and with the incorporated 16Ah Li-ion (NMC) replaceable battery, the capability of non-stop power supply is possible. With Phoenix on-the-go appliances powering during a short trip or setting aside back-up power supply during emergency occasion is guaranteed.
- All-in-one power solar portable unit
- Features 16ah li-ion battery
- 60 Hz output ac frequency
- Ideal for emergencies
- Lightweight and compact
1. Goal Zero Solar Generator Kit Yeti 400 with Nomad 20 Solar unitCheck price on Amazon
This appliance is portable, quiet, power for cabins, base camps, and unpredicted outages. The Goal Zero Solar Generator Kit Yeti 400 with Nomad 20 Solar unit allows you to stay in the camp in luxury, off the grid, or power over an outage with no the fumes and noise of traditional extra generators. However, the Item is non-returnable and hazmat. This kit incorporates a Nomad 20 solar unit.
In fact you can’t overcharge Yeti 400 simply because it features a power management. And whenever it is in use, it’ll cease the supply of power until the reserved battery power depleted, to avoid the battery damaging.
- Suitable for indoor usage
- Lightweight and compact back-up system
- 20W Mon crystalline highly efficient Renogy Solar Panels
- Ideal for emergencies
Portable Solar generators units are in trend. Individual make use of them for emergencies power outage or as backup power. Others depend on these systems because they need to save on periodic power bills or live off grid. You’ll discover the gadgets attached to secluded lodges, mobile homes, RVs caravans, and some other areas.
To enjoy the best service, all you need to do is to invest in an ideal solar generator. This should provide sufficient power, charge even during cloudy, retain the charge for a hours, and should be fitted easily.